Flexible dieting vs clean eating

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    "Im going to eat the whole donut and go on with life. but thats me lol" I have some nutty cousins. They eat only the centers out of pork chops and the bacon bacon, cutting off all of the crispy fat and throwing it away. It used to really upset my father when they did this over at our house. He used to say, You kids really need to use your heads besides something to part your ears with.

I don't eat twinkies and cannot remember ever eating one. Twinkies died in 2013, I don't know if they ever came back. My dieting career began when I was an adult, after I'd left the comfort of home.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Mari22na wrote: »
    "Im going to eat the whole donut and go on with life. but thats me lol" I have some nutty cousins. They eat only the centers out of pork chops and the bacon bacon, cutting off all of the crispy fat and throwing it away. It used to really upset my father when they did this over at our house. He used to say, You kids really need to use your heads besides something to part your ears with.

I don't eat twinkies and cannot remember ever eating one. Twinkies died in 2013, I don't know if they ever came back. My dieting career began when I was an adult, after I'd left the comfort of home.

I am NOT a twinkie fan at all. never was not even as a kid.I have one donut every 6 months or less though. I havent had bacon in over a year lol but thats because due to health issues I have to watch fat,cholesterol and greasy foods.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    amyepdx wrote: »
    kgb6days wrote: »
    CICO is NOT that simple. it is way more complex than that. I've learned so much recently about insulin levels and how weight gain/loss is governed quite a bit hormonally. I would suggest reading the book The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss. Eye opening

Here’s my question: have you ever actually set a 500 calorie a day deficit, weighed and logged ALL your food intake, increased your activity, ate back about 1/2 of your excercise calories and done it consistently for 4 weeks? Notice I didn’t say perfectly, I said consistently. If the answer is no, then you have no way of knowing if it works. If the answer is yes, then you are an special case that needs medical intervention. But my guess is the former, not the latter.

I will reply and say I have done that.and yeah I am a special case(in more ways than one lol). I have a metabolic disorder as well as other health issues and I can have a 1000 calorie deficit and it can take me a month or more to lose half a lb. my thyroid is normal.my hormone levels are normal, everything comes back normal blood work wise. just for me its really slow.I had 70 lbs to lose. I lost 17 the first 3 months, after that it took me a few years to lose 45 lbs. I still cant lose the rest.

I have tried even eating 1200 calories which is really low for me and my activity level. I weigh everything and use correct entries. there are some days I do go over but still should be in a deficit(for the week). But I still lost weight eating in a deficit,just for me it comes off when it wants.hard to tell what the cause is. I just decided to not try and lose and just maintain and do a recomp. its going to be slow but so is my weight loss so I figure what the heck. for me I am seeing better results in how my body looks. Im losing fat so thats fine with me.just the scale isnt budging

I totally get that from reading some of your other posts and it’s great that you are staying with it and figuring out what works for you.
    I was addressing the blanket statement that CICO doesn’t work from someone who seemed to want to totally negate it based on junk science.