Weighing and recording

Options
ChubbyRose84
ChubbyRose84 Posts: 48 Member
How often is ideal to weigh myself, and record my weight?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    However often you feel comfortable with (no more than once a day). The more important thing is that you’re doing it under the same circumstances: generally first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything, wearing the same amount of clothing.
  • ChubbyRose84
    Options
    I usually weigh myself naked in the morning, and only once a day.

But for recording my weight, I'm still unsure.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

i record my weight on MFP on a Friday, i use Libra and record every time i weigh myself, which is 2-3 x a week.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options

The data nerd in me will always be a proponent of more recorded data vs. less. If you're going through the exercise to weigh yourself daily i don't see any sense in not recording it. Daily fluctuations won't mean much with differences in hydration, bodily waste, etc. but there are apps that will do moving average and trend regressions for you (Happy Scale and Libra are the two big ones) or you can use a good 'ole fashion spreadsheet to track the overall trend in your weight.
  • ChubbyRose84
    Options
    Oh ok. I might stick to once a week. I might change it to everyday later.

I have noticed my weight gone down a bit since I record my food. I was eating way more than I thought, and not enough protein as I'd like.