BEST TASTE+QUALITY VEGAN PROTEIN SHAKES?

Options
2»

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Not a meal replacement but pescience is the goat!!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I've tried them all. Orgain, Vega and OWYN are my favorites. (My personal preference is OWYN, it is the creamiest best tasting I've ever had. I love the strawberry banana and coffee one)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    The best powder I tried is PlantFusion Lean Vanilla. They have samples packs at WF.
  • emilyluder19
    emilyluder19 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use Vega sport as the macros are so great- 30g protein! It isn’t the best but it’s good with almond milk I think. Also if you’re willing to deal with shipping, women’s best has a super good one
  • ocnldy
    ocnldy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I like the Vega and the Orgain. I steer clear of ones that are PLUS GREENS, because they seem gritty and taste a little like grass imho. But it has been a bit since I have tried them.
  • ltomanek
    ltomanek Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Vivolife? I follow a few vegan YouTubers that are sponsors, and I'm interested, just want to see some reviews from people that aren't sponsored.
  • KatyCSTinPNW
    KatyCSTinPNW Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I drink Vega Sport in Chocolate or occasionally Mocha. Both I mix with water. However, I don’t have it every day. Depends on my protein, and sometimes I use it to avoid evening dessert cravings.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    ltomanek wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Vivolife? I follow a few vegan YouTubers that are sponsors, and I'm interested, just want to see some reviews from people that aren't sponsored.

I've had cacao (don't like it) and salted caramel (it's ok). It's not my preferred powder, though, and it takes way too long to ship to the US for me to purchase again. The main thing it has going for it is the calories per g of protein is quite low.
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My favorite meal replacement smoothie using Orgain Chocolate (fav brand)

2 scopes Orgain
    1/4 to 1/2 C oats
    1 Med Banana
    2 Tbsp Peanut Butter powder
    1 Tbsp Chia seeds
    1 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
    1 Cup Soy or Almond milk and a little water to thin to whatever consistency you like
    Blend and enjoy...so yummy
  • melissalatzel25
    melissalatzel25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey! I totally get the struggle -- there are lots of vegan protein powders out there and some of them are GROSS. I actually REALLY hate the Vega powders. Way too sweet for me.

Minimalist Baker did a great review of different protein powders awhile back. Because of her advice I'm really enjoying Garden of Life.

Here's the review: https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-vanilla-protein-powder-review/

every time i was googling what powders taste best i saw her post on it :) garden of life was my first i ever bought but couldnt drink it with just water :( i tried vanilla chai and chocolate
  • melissalatzel25
    Options
    kaaaaarenn wrote: »
    Try the "Aloha" brand in vanilla flavor (found at target), it tastes great with almond milk and has absolutely no protein after taste. Pescience also has really good vegan protein blends on their website if you're looking for something with lower carbs and higher protein.

but i need it to be good in water only :( cant take milks onboard to work with me (cabin crew)
  • melissalatzel25
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Why dont you just add in some fruit, nut butter, chia seeds, milk etc to make it a smoothie since you already have a good tasting protein powder, you can easily take that on the go and it will be way more nutritious than any meal replacement shake

cuz im looking for powders to mix in water onboard at work. only water no milk and def no blender allowed on planes hehe
  • shager132
    shager132 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tropical Strawberry (Vegan) Shakeology with a chopped banana.
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Not myprotein vegan blend!!! The natural vanilla is very sweet and grainy...
  • melissalatzel25
    Options
    shager132 wrote: »
    Tropical Strawberry (Vegan) Shakeology with a chopped banana.

you just chop the banana and throw it in? like eat it chunky?
  • melissalatzel25
    Options
    i just bought amazing grass protein in vanilla, rich chocolate and peanut butter chocolate. theyre yum!!!