Trolls, flames, hugs and kisses

Options
I'm curious (and this is not directed towards any one person). Why do people get so bent out of shape when a random person on the internet doesn't agree with them? Some people get feisty, defensive, offensive, pissy, whiny, mean and *****y...then, they call people names and hurl insults at them. Others take the "high road" and ignore it.

Personally, I do a little of both. I generally TRY to take the high road but I'll admit that I enjoy screwing with people if they take some random internet chatter personally. Maybe that makes me a bit of a jerk and somewhat immature. Ok. I'm fine with that. I just can't help being entertained by those who react entirely too strongly to internet blather.

Regardless, I love you all and I will gladly give you a giant bear hug.

Replies

• routerguy666
    Options
    Why do people get so bent out of shape when a random person on the internet doesn't agree with them?

Welcome to the Internet.
  • gabrielleshannonhatt
    Options
    I'm the same way. I find it quite amusing when that sort of thing happens. Usually I just ignore, but sometimes I can't help myself and just go at it for the sake of the amusement for myself and others out there who find it just as silly.
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Honestly I try to understand where the person is coming from to see if their is any merit to they way they are thinking and if there is, I incorporate this new found knowledge into my own thought process. I don't understand why people get upset when you don't agree with them, but whatever sometimes its fun to poke fun at those types to satisfy my needs on a boring day.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Rawr! ;)
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I must be a jerk too because I also enjoy screwing with people on the interwebs. Good ol' interwebs!!
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    @PatientBear. I love your signature.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    On here, I think it's because they are hungry.

Anonymous and hungry. Bad combo. ...and apparently hormonal - if you believe the posts 20 times a day about TOM/
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I love responding entirely too harshly. In fact I got a whole thread deleted here once.

I'm a name caller. And man, do I have a list!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

Pl-pedo-bear.png
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I love the Bear in all forms, Patient & Impatient.
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    ......because they need to realize that I am right about EVERYTHING, ALL of the time! They should realize that I have researched my argument and they have not....EVER. So, of course, I am going to argue for hours and hours until I can make them bend to my powerful argument and see the light.

Well, sort of......
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I'm curious (and this is not directed towards any one person). Why do people get so bent out of shape when a random person on the internet doesn't agree with them? Some people get feisty, defensive, offensive, pissy, whiny, mean and *****y...then, they call people names and hurl insults at them. Others take the "high road" and ignore it.

Personally, I do a little of both. I generally TRY to take the high road but I'll admit that I enjoy screwing with people if they take some random internet chatter personally. Maybe that makes me a bit of a jerk and somewhat immature. Ok. I'm fine with that. I just can't help being entertained by those who react entirely too strongly to internet blather.

I've been doing this Internet thing since I was 20. I don't take anything seriously.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Because the internet is Fight Club for nerds.
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    I love PatientBear!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Interwebz iz srs bsns.

Interwebz lojik = You don't agree with what I say, therefore you must be wrong.

Flame logic = You are wrong so I will disagree with everything anyone says.

Troll logic = w220091422.jpg
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Love you too. I've appreciated your growly bearness this weekend as all week long I listen to people who are stuck in their problems and don't know what to do. And that's ok that's what my job is and I truly love it. I don't like when a person is literally holding the information and plan in his or her hand (or keyboard and screen ) and doing a bunch of "yeah but"s like the laws of physics don't apply to them. The answers are right here and in the search function and in one's willingness to shut up do the work and earn results. And it goes slow and stuff gets in the way and we get discouraged, so reach out for moral support. But don't argue with facts or overdo the poor me thing or I feel like I'm at work. So when someone else steps in and says it straight and blunt, oh its such a nice breath of fresh air it makes me happy. And you've been willing to state a restate until folks get it.

The strong negative response when someone hears what they don't want to hear is a reflection of them and their stuff. For whatever reason, you put yourself out there and that's for you to figure out. I for one, am glad you do. You've helped me and others learn.
  • PatientBear
    Options
    Wow!!! alliecore, beckdubs, karincakes, hufflepuffin, kathield - you guys rock and I love you all. You guys make this little bear feel very special. Y'all are awesome!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I be trolling:
    mofoyh4au3.gif

Sometimes I threadjacK

Hijack-No.gif

Other times I'm just looking for attention
    Attention-19th_hole.jpg

But mostly I'm here for the lulz.

File0004205.JPG
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

Pl-pedo-bear.png

w221301284.gif
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! alliecore, beckdubs, karincakes, hufflepuffin, kathield - you guys rock and I love you all. You guys make this little bear feel very special. Y'all are awesome!
    *bear hugs* luvs you tooooooo! :)