Fitbit sync issues?

Options

Replies

• witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Yep, still not working for me either. Their updates aren’t super helpful either. Are they working on it? Who knows?
  • fatty233
    fatty233 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I’m about done with MFP. There are other apps such as LoseIt and MyNetDiary that sync with Fitbit. I’m going to give them a try.
  • Renaissancebody
    Renaissancebody Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Other apps charge for linking with Fitbit like Lose it and My Net Diary. How much you wanna bet that MFP is ready to do the same thing to keep their revenue stream going?
  • crazycat80
    crazycat80 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Last time I had this issue, I had to restart my fitbit. You plug it in using your USB cord, then hold down the button on the side until it kicks off, then back on. Solved my issue and I haven't had once since.
  • wwalsh1204
    wwalsh1204 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started having this problem yesterday I believe - had to constantly disconnect and reconnect FitBit. I'm still having to do that, but now the app isn't even updating, even though I've done the disconnect/reconnect dance.
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Mine was working for about a half hour earlier today but now we are back to not syncing.
  • pilot371
    pilot371 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine's not syncing - annoying
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    crazycat80 wrote: »
    Last time I had this issue, I had to restart my fitbit. You plug it in using your USB cord, then hold down the button on the side until it kicks off, then back on. Solved my issue and I haven't had once since.

thats usually when its on fitbits end. its on MFPs end this time. its not going to work that way for everyone which I find odd. I used to do that in the past and sometimes it would work for me and others not so much.
  • Pascal56
    Pascal56 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mine was working but I think it stopped syncing again.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This is happening way too frequently. They really need to solve this issue once and for all. I don't understand why its such a recurring problem...
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to be working now and my data from he last 2 days did sync.
    On another note, I flushed my One down the toilet last night - still have my Blaze but I don’t wear it to work.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »
    On another note, I flushed my One down the toilet last night - still have my Blaze but I don’t wear it to work.

hope it doesnt clog the pipe and you need to call a plumber in
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's worth it to quit using MFP jus B)B) t because fitbit won't sync here and there,honestly its not that BIG of a deal,you know what your activity is,you know what you ate that day B)
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    oops dunno where all the sunglasses came from! :D
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options

It seemed to sail right down - I realized it was in there 2 secs after I flushed but it was too late. It’s 5th floor apartment - must be some powerful flusher.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,591 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I don't think it's worth it to quit using MFP jus B)B) t because fitbit won't sync here and there,honestly its not that BIG of a deal,you know what your activity is,you know what you ate that day B)

It is a big deal to those of us that rely on our activity syncing up to determine our calories for the day. I use this information to determine my daily/weekly goals and to monitor my monthly stats.

I guess I'm lucky. I have them synced up but years ago I started a very simple excel spreadsheet because I was comparing fitbit's tdee with bodybugg's tdee. I got rid of the bodybugg but continued the excel spreadsheet which was basically logging fitbit's tdee with what I ate on mfp (double duty really but sometimes it ended up being a few calories off). I never cared about steps (which I could double check on the fitbit website if I wanted) but only calories. When the two sites aren't syncing, it just means you have to take an extra 20 seconds to check a different site for the numbers.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

It seemed to sail right down - I realized it was in there 2 secs after I flushed but it was too late. It’s 5th floor apartment - must be some powerful flusher.

well lets hope so lol
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »

It is a big deal to those of us that rely on our activity syncing up to determine our calories for the day. I use this information to determine my daily/weekly goals and to monitor my monthly stats.

you could always take the data and log it manually. thats what Im doing until is fixed. I just unsynced my fitbit for now