Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What "bad" foods do you refuse to give up?

I thought about this today while I ate a McDonald's two cheeseburger meal...

There are many foods I try to avoid now that I'm counting calories, but there are certain things I will work into my diet anyway because I just love it so much.

What are your guilty pleasure foods that you find a way to eat even while trying to lose weight?

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Ice Cream,Chocolate,adult beverages and cheese.
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Ice cream (I am eating a Blizzard as I type this) :)
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    There is nothing that I won't give up to be healthy.
  • missys99
    missys99 Posts: 14 Member
    pizza and cheese fries =P the later is homemade so it's not as bad as you might think! mmmm cheese fries LOL
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Ice Cream,Chocolate,adult beverages and cheese.

Yes ma'am . . . . I second that. . there are mine in a NUT shell. . lol
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    I refuse to give up anything!!

I work it off, or enjoy a smaller portion. I couldn't possibly keep up anything forever if it meant I couldn't eat what I enjoy.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    I eat ice cream almost every day. (But I work it into my calories and I have cut down my portions)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    pizza!
  • i'm trying to just say no to all bad foods but i'd have to say chocolate is the one food i cannot live without!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    pop
    energy drinks
    chocolate
    ... actually everything lol :P
  • dancer4275
    dancer4275 Posts: 149
    dark chocolate!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Prime Rib Roast (not really all that bad- just has a bad rep!)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Cheese and Chocolate....all in moderation :)
  • Pizza - but now we make homemade crust and sauce, top with low-fat cheese and canadian bacon. My husband got a sourdough starter and makes a great crust. We grow our own tomatoes and make our pasta/pizza sauce. (this year I have 90 tomato plants) I actually don't eat frozen pizza any longer and rarely eat pizza from takeout places. Before MFP we had pizza 3-4 nights a week. Now we have it on Friday night, and knowing that I have that meal coming keeps me from eating it all the other nights.
  • Shelbug65
    Shelbug65 Posts: 7 Member
    I don't deny myself anything. I just make sure to account for every calorie and plan accordingly. I have a dark chocolate Riesen candy just about every afternoon- just a bit of chocolate for 43 calories. I know that if I cut EVERYthing I love out of my daily eating I'll be more tempted to over eat.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Half and half for my coffee. Oreos (on occasion). These are the stuff of dreams....
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    bad for me means high sodium, and i will not give up cottage cheese with ranch
  • okay so I am glad to see I am not the only one addicted to ice cream!!!!
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    I make an exception to have real half & half and real sugar in my 1 cup of coffee in the morning. I tried alternatives and it just doesn't taste as good. Also, I have a regular Coke once in awhile. Other than that -- there's not too much I "need" to have. If I want it, I indulge but I don't go overboard. And since I have ZERO control with donuts, I just avoid them altogether!!
  • a great ice cream i have found that doesnt taste like diet ice cream is the breyers carb smart ice cream one cup for the same cal count as 1/2 cup of the non carb smart type..however my guilty pleasure is ranch dressing, i eat reanch dressing on everything and i have tried the Fat Free will never do that again and i tried to make myself like the light, i flat out refuse i will just work extra hard and eat less of everything else to eat my ranch dressing!!!!! and it has to be hidden valley or mazzios ranch dressing!!!! i have gotten really good at keeping it to the serving size of 2tbs but i usually use 3 which is a huge sucess from a half a bottle a day heheeh!!!