No progress

Options
Hi all,
I've been using MFP for almost 3 months. I've always been a healthy eater but before using MFP I think I was eating a lot of extra calories from snacking on foods I thought were good (dried fruit, nuts). Now I'm eating about 1300 calories a day (lots of fruits and veggies, lean protein (beans, tofu etc) and I work out 3 -4 times a week.

I'm 5'3", 116 pounds, 33.5" around the waist -- so I'm in pretty good shape and only trying to lose a couple inches off the waist or a few pounds.... But I haven't had any progress in the past 3 months! I definitely feel like I'm in better shape and my body is toned, but I haven't lost any inches off my waist or lost any pounds.

Any thoughts on why I'm not seeing change?

Replies

• lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring your portions? That's always the biggest issue for me.
  • martineskyy
    Options
    I usually eyeball but I tend to over-estimate a bit if I'm not sure...
  • SweetT42
    Options
    sounds like you are building muscle :) which is good stay away from dairy ,
  • JJLive
    JJLive Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're healthy and in shape so your body doesn't see any reason to lose weight.
  • devineyallen
    Options
    DON'T give up!! Keep at it! I have been stuck in a rut the past few weeks. Advice I was given was to keep up with my measurements. If you are not loosing pounds you may be loosing inches. Good luck!
  • PatientBear
    Options
    Now I'm eating about 1300 calories a day (lots of fruits and veggies, lean protein (beans, tofu etc) and I work out 3 -4 times a week.

I'm 5'3", 116 pounds, 33.5" around the waist -- so I'm in pretty good shape and only trying to lose a couple inches off the waist or a few pounds.... But I haven't had any progress in the past 3 months! I definitely feel like I'm in better shape and my body is toned, but I haven't lost any inches off my waist or lost any pounds.

Any thoughts on why I'm not seeing change?

Doesn't sound like you have much to lose so that's part of it. But you also sound like you may not be eating enough on days you work out. If you eat 1300 and burn 500, then you have 800 net calories on that day. Not enough. Make sure you eat your exercise calories and drink plenty of water. That may help.
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are building muscle :) which is good stay away from dairy ,

Why avoid dairy?
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Well, sounds like you have something to celebrate...good health and physical fitness. To mix it up and make life interesting try different exercise which is always good because our bodies get used to exercises and no change it happen also combats boredom. Try new recipes. Be happy with your accomplishments.
  • martineskyy
    Options
    Thanks for the tips - I am definitely thankful for my health (just want to get a couple inches off the spare tire :) I didn't know about the eating back your workout calories thing so I will try that

thanks all!
  • martineskyy
    Options
    Thanks for the tips - I am definitely thankful for my health (just want to get a couple inches off the spare tire :) I didn't know about the eating back your workout calories thing so I will try that

thanks all!
  • jaunelle
    jaunelle Posts: 10
    Options
    Have you tried changing up your workout routines? adding weights or increasing cardio? Check the tofu nutrition stats...