What "bad" foods do you refuse to give up?

Options

Replies

• thenewkarisa
    Options
    cheese... I just try to stick to white cheese and stay away from yellow
  • PST0622
    PST0622 Posts: 115
    Options
    I haven't given up anything!!! I eat it in smaller portions and exercise my a** off!!!!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything really. If I crave something, I will eat it in moderation, work it into my caloric intake for the day, and/or exercise a little more to burn it off.

There are somethings that I don't eat because I don't find it worth the caloric expenditure.
  • thenewkarisa
    Options
    ...and cream cheese =D
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Bacon Macaroni and Cheese. *Falls Over*
  • steadyeddie2
    Options
    I agree with the poster who said there is nothing she wouldn't give up to lose weight. However... I loooove chocolate and every now and then I'll treat myself. If my weigh program is working like a clock and I am moving toward my goal I may on rare occasion get a small candy bar. But every morning with my coffee, I add a bit of 1% lowfat milk and a teaspoon or two of no-sugar-added Nesquik to make a low-cal mocha. Yum!
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am not giving up anything that I like...I just have "bad stuff" infrequently or have a smaller portion!
  • catie224
    catie224 Posts: 50
    Options
    CHOCOLATE. I refuse to even try.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    mmmmm Lindt dark chili chocolate.

But I maintain that a little dark chocolate is good for you :)

Everything else can go.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    well i dont give up anything i just don't like it anymore....but Alcohol, i love to gets my drink on :drinker:
  • akashastrega
    Options
    Cheeses are a big downfall of mine (Feta, Parmesan, Gruyere, Sharp Cheddar, etc) and butter. I will NOT give up butter. I may cut back on it, but there is no way in hell I will give it up or switch to margarine!! And bacon. As long as I am not around bacon I am ok, but if I catch a whiff...you know that Beggin Strips commercial..."IT'S BACON!!"
  • LaurenJn83
    Options
    Mexican food (I eat taco salads though and little or no shell), Chocolate, ice cream. I budget my calories for these items. Honestly, I haven't totally written off anything (except chick fil a and other fast food milkshakes). I just modify or eat less of things that I love and eat them far less frequently! If I make something "forbidden" I'm more likely to crave it!!
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    I refuse to give up anything!!

I work it off, or enjoy a smaller portion. I couldn't possibly keep up anything forever if it meant I couldn't eat what I enjoy.

Amen Sistah! :)
  • datxdiva
    datxdiva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Same here, I saved up my calories and carbs so I could have Pizza for dinner.
  • blondieee202
    blondieee202 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Gold fish! :p (Extra cheesy/ extra cheesy & pretzel one) omg. so good lol!

And if your trying to cut back on those two mcdonalds cheeburgers you should watch movies about whats in their food or watch super size me or something. I use to LOVE McDonalds but now, I feel like throwing up thinking about it!
  • akashastrega
    Options
    mmmmm Lindt dark chili chocolate.

But I maintain that a little dark chocolate is good for you :)

Everything else can go.

Actually reports say that cold pressed dark chocolate is VERY good for you (in moderation, of course). It is full of antioxidants, and it does in fact trigger endorphins to put you in a good mood.

So get your chocolate on!!
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    my guilty pleasure is ranch dressing, i eat reanch dressing on everything and i have tried the Fat Free will never do that again and i tried to make myself like the light, i flat out refuse i will just work extra hard and eat less of everything else to eat my ranch dressing!!!!!

AMEN! I won't give in on the salad dressings. Fat free Ranch and Thousand Island is disgusting! I do like the reduced fat Paul Newman Sesame Ginger, though. But ranch? Pfft...buttermilk whole fat ranch or forget it!
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Twice-baked almond croissants from Bakery Nouveau in Seattle. I probably only have one about once a month, but if I'm going to have something bad it's got to worth the calorie count.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    well i dont give up anything i just don't like it anymore....but Alcohol, i love to gets my drink on :drinker:

Much agreed. . That is my soft spot as well!
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    Gold fish! :p (Extra cheesy/ extra cheesy & pretzel one) omg. so good lol!

And if your trying to cut back on those two mcdonalds cheeburgers you should watch movies about whats in their food or watch super size me or something. I use to LOVE McDonalds but now, I feel like throwing up thinking about it!

I watched Supersize Me and it just made me want a Filet-o-Fish.

Fat Head is a good counter to that. I believe that nothing that I eat is really that bad if I'm not exceeding calories.