Fitbit sync issues?

Replies

• AlexandraHopeG
    AlexandraHopeG Posts: 3 Member
    Also frustrated/annoyed. This is the longest there has been a “glitch” with MFP and fitnbit synching for me. The false start last night when it sychned and then has stopped again today is even more annoying! Just when I thought it was sorted!

Any indication when it may be resolved??
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Mine synced about 10 hours ago and then got stuck again. I did the standard 'disconnect, log out of mfp and fitbit, log back in, reconnect' and it's working again. For now..
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    I was so pleased when yesterday afternoon/evening (UK time) the issue seemed to be fixed.

Meanwhile, this morning...guess what's not syncing?

Sigh.
  • j_gibbs
    j_gibbs Posts: 7 Member
    So I’m getting my steps synced to MFP through Pacer and somehow my calories/water are still syncing from MFP to Fitbit too. This would be a dream scenario to keep if Pacer didn’t require me to keep my phone in my hand at all times when I’m active.

Thanks for this! This is also my dream scenario and losing the data flow to Fitbit was the reason I was putting off the Pacer work around. I might give it a go if it's working for someone else.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Are they effing kidding me?! Finally synced last night and now not working again 😯😯😯
  • HollyPFlax
    HollyPFlax Posts: 79 Member
    Mine synced once in the middle of the day yesterday, so I was able to get the weekend and half of yesterday's data. And then it stopped. I like knowing exactly how many additional calories I can eat. Guessing makes me really anxious.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    HollyPFlax wrote: »
    Mine synced once in the middle of the day yesterday, so I was able to get the weekend and half of yesterday's data. And then it stopped. I like knowing exactly how many additional calories I can eat. Guessing makes me really anxious.

Why guess? The food log is still being transferred to fitbit. You can look there to see what you have left.
  • loobylou713
    loobylou713 Posts: 1 Member
    I am going to starve to death at this rate my exercise isn't syncing so i am burning more than i am eating.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I am going to starve to death at this rate my exercise isn't syncing so i am burning more than i am eating.

Then eat more?

You know your base calorie goal from MFP, you still have access to all your calorie burn information from Fitbit. The only difference is that MFP isn't doing the math for you.
  • HollyPFlax
    HollyPFlax Posts: 79 Member
    edited June 2018

veganbaum wrote: »

Why guess? The food log is still being transferred to fitbit. You can look there to see what you have left.

Because it doesn't actually work. It's claiming that I had two breakfasts today, one for 400 calories and another for 350 calories...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    veganbaum wrote: »

Because it doesn't actually work. It's claiming that I had two breakfasts today, one for 400 calories and another for 350 calories...

I've noticed that Fitbit does this sometimes when I edit my meals. You can delete the meal that is inaccurate.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member

Then eat more?

You know your base calorie goal from MFP, you still have access to all your calorie burn information from Fitbit. The only difference is that MFP isn't doing the math for you.

Amen, sister!

And I thought some of the fandoms I was/am a part of were dramatic!
  • fatty233
    fatty233 Posts: 200 Member
    I wonder if this has something to do with the security upgrade to TLS 1.2 that was mandatory for all websites? Wasnt the compliance date 6/25???
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    I am starting to think that their mechanical turk may have quit on them because of the working conditions!

It's either that, or they decided to listen to all the Apple Watch people who have been having problems and bring the previously working Fitbit synchronisation down to par!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Could it be a,contract thing? I put the Pacer app on but it doesn't catch all my steps so its about 3,000 steps behind fitbit,feels like I'm dying trying to get my 10,000+ oh well at least I'm walking more :D
  • Pascal56
    Pascal56 Posts: 53 Member
    Not syncing again this morning. Anyone else?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Tech team posted this on the help desk yesterday about the syncing issues.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2945305-fitbit-sync-delays-and-interruptions
  • teeseybabe
    teeseybabe Posts: 10 Member
    I’m definately having syncing issues with map and my fitbit verse for the last few days. I keel having to disconnect and unlink and reconnect and I’m not going to continue that. Not sure who’s fault it is but does seem to be coming from the MFP side. Does anyone know if they are looking at the problem or are we all just wasting our times???
  • layladrew26
    layladrew26 Posts: 111 Member
    kgeyser wrote: »
    Tech team posted this on the help desk yesterday about the syncing issues.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2945305-fitbit-sync-delays-and-interruptions

Thanks for this. It's a *little* bit reassuring that they are aware and fixing the issue.
    Just expecting it to happen again next weekend and the weekend after.....