eat more?

Options
i am 5'7 and 130lbs i am looking to lose 10 more lbs but have been stuck at 130lbs forabout 3 or 4 months. should i change my goals to lose only 1/2 lb a week and eat more or what? i am worried that eating more calories is going to make me gain

Replies

• RdySetGO11
    RdySetGO11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I had to up my calories because I didn't loose anything for a while - like 4 months! I also set my settings to lose 1/2 lb a week and I've started to lose again. Adjust til you find what works for you! Good luck to you!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Jessica, I am unsure what answer you are seeking. I have seen you ask this question at least five times. I'm really not trying to be rude, I just don't understand what you want to hear?
  • eameow
    eameow Posts: 4
    Options
    try the 17 day diet. it is about getting your body out of a diet rut or an unhealthy lifestyle.
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    Maybe your body is trying to tell you that you are at the right weight now? 13 pounds is 10% of your body weight, and that so, asking to lose 10 pounds is a LOT of weight for your size, so expecting to lose a pound a week, perhaps even 1/2 pound per week seems like a LOT. I honestly think that your body is telling you that you're good?

I would guess that most of the people who are here for weight loss have never started from a place of only needing to lose 10 pounds, perhaps I'm wrong, but haven't you gotten any helpful answer from your other posts?
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body is trying to tell you that you are at the right weight now? 13 pounds is 10% of your body weight, and that so, asking to lose 10 pounds is a LOT of weight for your size, so expecting to lose a pound a week, perhaps even 1/2 pound per week seems like a LOT. I honestly think that your body is telling you that you're good?

I would guess that most of the people who are here for weight loss have never started from a place of only needing to lose 10 pounds, perhaps I'm wrong, but haven't you gotten any helpful answer from your other posts?

everyone says i need to eat more but to me this seems questionable? i think i would gain weight by eating more food
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    unles you are eating more then your maintenance you will not gain. maybe a pound or something if you have been eating very low cal but it will be back off in no time at all. i think you should change to 1/2 pound a week. that will still be less than maintenance and you will only put on weight if you are eating MORE than maintenance
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    I just checked TEN different weight charts using your age, height and weight. 127-160 is considered the healthy weight range for you, depending on your frame. If you have a very small frame, you should still be over 120.
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    I just started doing this actually!
    My weight hasn't gone down in months and even though I was told I could be gaining muscle and not to worry about it, I'm going to try adding more calories.
    I figure my body is telling me that I might not be eating enough for the work I've been putting in, so it's holding onto the fat?

Try to add 100-200 healthy calories and change up your cardio by pumping up the intensity and duration.

Maybe try a calorie cycle to see if your weight responds?
    For example: Day 1- 1350, Day 2- 1300, Day 3- 1450, Day 4- 1200, Day 5- 1250, Day 6- 1350, Day 7- 1600.

My weight isn't moving so I'm going to see how adding extra calories works out...I'm not getting anywhere so trying can't hurt...It sucks but I gotta be patient and realize that losing weight isn’t a race. :\

I wish you good luck too!! :)
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I just started doing this actually!
    My weight hasn't gone down in months and even though I was told I could be gaining muscle and not to worry about it, I'm going to try adding more calories.
    I figure my body is telling me that I might not be eating enough for the work I've been putting in, so it's holding onto the fat?

Try to add 100-200 healthy calories and change up your cardio by pumping up the intensity and duration.

Maybe try a calorie cycle to see if your weight responds?
    For example: Day 1- 1350, Day 2- 1300, Day 3- 1450, Day 4- 1200, Day 5- 1250, Day 6- 1350, Day 7- 1600.

My weight isn't moving so I'm going to see how adding extra calories works out...I'm not getting anywhere so trying can't hurt...It sucks but I gotta be patient and realize that losing weight isn’t a race. :\

I wish you good luck too!! :)

Thanks good luck to you too. i just changed my goal to 1/2 lb a week so i get more calories. i guess we will see what happens. im just scared to eat all that food!!!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    any change you make whether it be diet or exercise will help break a stall..because our bodies adapt quickly..that is why we shouldnt lower calories too low to begin with, because it doesnt give us any wiggle room.