Discouraged... Diary help.

Options
2»

Replies

• routerguy666
    Options
    At your weight, running @ 10mph for 60 minutes is just shy of a 700 calorie burn. No doubt Zumba is a good workout, but I really doubt it's anywhere near that intensity. So you might be thinking you are burning more there than you are and it's throwing your calculations off.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    EAT!

First of all, EAT all your exercises calories back!

2nd, with only 3lb to go, and you seems workout hard, you might want to up your calories (with very little deficit). Your body need fuel. If you are not feeding it, it's smart enough to hold on whatever it needs to fuel itself when you are not.

So, one word
    > eat more (ok, 2 words)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    At your weight, running @ 10mph for 60 minutes is just shy of a 700 calorie burn. No doubt Zumba is a good workout, but I really doubt it's anywhere near that intensity. So you might be thinking you are burning more there than you are and it's throwing your calculations off.

It depends on the intensity on the work out. My zumba teacher lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks right after her baby just because of Zumba. I'm getting my Zumba license in 3 weeks, I already got my training stuff for it. With all the research they have done on Zumba it actually works. lol But I get what ur saying, Zumba is intense tho. I encourage everyone to try it.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    From the looks of your pics....perhaps you don't really need to lose those 3 pounds....just saying!

That too! :-) But you are the only one can judge whether you are satisfied with your body image or not. May be instead of consider instead of focusing on losing "pound", try to work on building more muscles (lower body fat %), which means:
    1. with more muscles built, you might gain weight, but keep in mind, you have more muscles, and less fat.
    2. you need to eat more in order to build muscles (cannot do it on a diet)

So 2 words: eat more. :P
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    From the looks of your pics....perhaps you don't really need to lose those 3 pounds....just saying!

That too! :-) But you are the only one can judge whether you are satisfied with your body image or not. May be instead of consider instead of focusing on losing "pound", try to work on building more muscles (lower body fat %), which means:
    1. with more muscles built, you might gain weight, but keep in mind, you have more muscles, and less fat.
    2. you need to eat more in order to build muscles (cannot do it on a diet)

So 2 words: eat more. :P

Good thinking!! before I started zumba i was all about ab workouts then i stopped. I am going to the gym earlier than my zumba class now so I can work on my arms, legs and abs. I kinda figured that is also why I am not losing weight and that my two pac was going away. I am stuck on 10 pound free weights, I feel that its harder for me to lift more than that. Should i try more and give it a shot? I don't wanna pull a muscle because I can't lift.
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You're thin and beautiful, you don't need to lose any weight. Good job!
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    thanks!!! I just wanna be happy with myself.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I cosign with what the others said but, wanted to let you know about Bolthouse Smoothies and juices made from pure fruits and veggies. This is a great way to get in your fruit and veggies w/o actually eating them and it's perfect for when you are on the go or working. Good Luck to you!
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    can u get those from the grocery store?
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    from reviewing your diary for about a weeks worth of food I would say that the biggest issue you are having is not eating enough, from what I have seen there is a lack of protein, and you are not eating nearly enough to support proper metabolic function, effectively halting fat loss as you are not obese. Obese people can support a huge deficit and see large weight loss, the same does not apply to slimmer people with a lower bodyfat %. Women to get below 20% takes a great deal of diligence on proper nutrition and proper quantity, for men that usually occurs around 10% bodyfat. I would highly recommend you get a copy of Tom venuto's burn the fat feed the muscle and learn from that how to truly feed the body and the muscle and burn off the fat.
  • ConfidenceNMe
    Options
    Hun, From your picture- you look perfectly healthy! I'm sure alot of people on here wish they could say they were having the same problem. Kudos to you- my stomach has never been that flat.
    It could be that you're body's so lean you are fluctuating due to muscle growth. Don't let a lb or two get you down. plateauing is normal, and you can fluctuate a lb. or two just by using the bathroom. Change your routine or do something different to mix it up. Your body may be used to your schedule.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    Hun, From your picture- you look perfectly healthy! I'm sure alot of people on here wish they could say they were having the same problem. Kudos to you- my stomach has never been that flat.
    It could be that you're body's so lean you are fluctuating due to muscle growth. Don't let a lb or two get you down. plateauing is normal, and you can fluctuate a lb. or two just by using the bathroom. Change your routine or do something different to mix it up. Your body may be used to your schedule.

Ive been trying to increase my water intake to flush everything out and to increase my metabolism. I need to figure out what works for me since school is about to start soon and with work. I do work out and do ab, arm and leg workouts to gain muscle. How can gaining muscle make me not loose weight?
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I will just repeat what everyone else has said: you need to eat more in order to lose and frankly, to be healthy.

My sister also suffered from an ED and it really messes with your perceptions about fit, healthy, and thin. I'm glad that you are focusing on getting better but also I urge you to look at your body fat %. Look at that- not how you feel about yourself because, well, you're a little biased on the subject of your looks. But anyway, you didn't come here for a stranger pleading with you to be healthy!

Eat all your exercise calories, eat more fresh veggies and fruit, whole grains, healthy fats. Your body with function better with all of those things.

Gaining muscle means you're gaining weight, unless you're dropping equal, or greater lbs in fat. For muscular gain you definitely need to fuel your body.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    I will just repeat what everyone else has said: you need to eat more in order to lose and frankly, to be healthy.

My sister also suffered from an ED and it really messes with your perceptions about fit, healthy, and thin. I'm glad that you are focusing on getting better but also I urge you to look at your body fat %. Look at that- not how you feel about yourself because, well, you're a little biased on the subject of your looks. But anyway, you didn't come here for a stranger pleading with you to be healthy!

Eat all your exercise calories, eat more fresh veggies and fruit, whole grains, healthy fats. Your body with function better with all of those things.

Gaining muscle means you're gaining weight, unless you're dropping equal, or greater lbs in fat. For muscular gain you definitely need to fuel your body.

Thanks for the advice, its nice to find someone who understands. How do I figure out my body fat %?
  • JaziJoi
    JaziJoi Posts: 10
    Options
    Jorra summed it up PERFECTLY! That was good advice.......take heed.... ;-)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Are you talking to a counselor? If you are recovering from an ED you should be working with a counselor and a nutritionist. I'm not even going to look at your diary... You said you still have problems mentally with fear of getting fat for eating just 1200 calories, and that's not healthy. You need to work on your mental fitness just as much as your physical.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    Ive never gotten help with my ED. I got into that mess by myself and I wanna get out of it by myself. I am doing a good job at it compared to other people I know. I forgot to mention to everyone that I'm a pescetarian. Oops sorry!! I can only get protein from nuts, fish or meat substitutes. My parents are cutting down their meat intake as well. They went grocery shopping and bought more fruit, veggies, fish and meat substitutes. I think it will be a bit easier for me to get back on track now and improve.