Anyone on a 1,200 calorie intake per day?

Options
Hi everyone!! :) To those that are on 1,200 cals per day... (and eating healthy) lol.. What did you have for lunch or dinner today? :) I love knowing others meal plans, helps me switch up my healthy food in take!!

Replies

• jridgway49
    Options
    Dinner..chicken breast (grilled) mashed sweet potatos and a cucumber with mushroom cold salad with light ranch dressing..it was yummy and filling
  • LaurenJn83
    Options
    I try to have about 180-220 cal for breakfast, 100 cal for a snack, 400 cal for lunch, 100 cal for afternoon snack and 400 cal for dinner. I'll friend you and you can see my diary. I just increased to 1400 cal, but I haven't been too good at getting up to 1400. I'm also not the best with snacks :/

-Lauren
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I may not be the best example,, but i did have 2 pieces of pizza today. Angel hair pasta for dinner with a big salad with veggies. Also turkey meatballs. I was under my goal for today.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'm having (all homemade/pre-made)

Breakfast:Turkey Sausage Pita Sandwich
    Snack: Clementine
    Lunch: Baby Spinach Salad topped with turkey meat, pepper jack cheese, cucumber, and kens healthy options dressing
    Snack: Protein Shake
    Dinner: Still to be decided,but I have 480-ish calories for dinner tomorrow still
    Snack: Dark Chocolate Covered Pomegrante things (great little treat and only about 140-ish a serving)
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Yup 1200 a day for me. It encourages me to workout more that way I can eat more :D. I am also learning to incorporate a lot more fruits and veggies. Besides being healthier, they are so low cal! For lunch I had 2 oz of turkey breast, 1/4 cup corn, and 1/2 red skin mashed potatoes with fat-free sour cream and fat free shredded cheddar cheese. For dinner I had a yummy vegetarian taco salad: romaine lettuce, salsa, sour cream, pinto beans, taco seasoning, and cheese. Yum! I also had snacks. I love snacks. I use a couple of different websites to get meal plans because I have a hard time coming up with ideas too. Eventually I might not need to do that, but for now it is working lovely.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I was on a 1200 calorie diet (I just recently increased). I would always eat a light breakfast and lunch (200 calories each) so that I had more wiggle room for dinner. It almost seemed like I was snacking for lunch.
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I didn't have breakfast today.

Lunch:
    Grilled mesquite chicken - 110 cals
    Steamables Potatoes and green beans -250 cals

Dinner:
    2 eggs- 160 cals
    2 sliced hot dogs- 260
    2 slices or bread- 140

Snack:
    2 Fiber one brownie. -180 cals

Total: 1100

I usually don't have that big of a dinner but I was trying to get my calories in for the day. & I still have 100 left I dunno what to eat.
  • dancer4275
    dancer4275 Posts: 149
    Options
    Me!
    Usually for dinner, I eat a veggie burger, fish, or a piece of grilled chicken and maybe some broiled veggies...carrots or broccoli.
    for lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs with pepper on them. or a salad.
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    For lunch I had some homemade fresh vegatable soup and a yogurt.
    For dinner I had one and a half boneles skinless chicken thighs and a big pile of green beans with some parmesan melted in with them in a skillet and a dinner roll and a glass of reduced fat milk.
  • aoifebr
    aoifebr Posts: 92
    Options
    I've just increased to 1400 but my day used to look like this:

Breakfast - protein shake, jelena, berries & almond c200cal
    Mid morning snack - apple with peanut butter or handful of almonds/other nuts c100-150cal
    Lunch about 12 - mountain bread, chicken, salad, avocado c350-400cal
    Mid afternoon snack about 3.30/4 - tin of tuna or salmon with steamfresh veg c250cal
    Dinner - omelet with veg/salmon or steak stirfry or similar c250-350cal

Normally I'd have 1 coffee or tea during the day & water.
  • emily_ylime597
    Options
    one of my favorite snacks/lunch is the small 80-cal cans of bumblebee albacore tuna...sooo delish! and so easy to mix up, sometimes i just eat it plain with a little vinegar, sometimes i mix it into a salad with lots of veggies, you could put it into a wrap...

i also have just recently discovered tempeh smoky bacon strips, which for 7 strips only have 130 cals! and you don't even need 7 because the flavor is really strong and smoky, i have made "BLT" wraps for less than 200 cals but were so filling!

i would also suggest just doing some research online for healthy recipes, cookinglight.com has some excellent ideas for lunches and dinners. one recipe i just discovered and am currently obsessed with is from eatingwell.com and is called indian mango dal, it is so good and less than 200 cals for 1 cup! i actually ate that for dinner tonight (around 7:30 pm) and am STILL so full.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I am! I also always exercise between 1000-1400 calories burned M-F which gives me more food to eat :) my typical day is like this:

Breakfast - Kelloggs Special K bar 90 calories
    Lunch - I try to eat a sandwich or a salad (350-500)
    Dinner - I have 4 kids so dinner is a challenge, but I usually make myself a huge salad and smaller main portions.
    I drink a crap load of water daily, like 3-4 1 ltrs a day and maybe a diet dr pepper at lunch.

All in all I never eat all my calories, I usually am left with a deficit of 200-700 calories by the end of the day. I work out 2 hours in the mornings Monday - Friday and the household chores on the weekends.
  • swtkaylasmommy
    Options
    my diary should be open. today was a weird eating day due to how busy i was then the kids requested breakfast for dinner (my fave.) but the rest of the days are pretty good. i usually stay within calories, rarely go over and i'm plenty satisfied.
  • whitemusk28
    Options
    My typical 1200 diet is...

Breakfast - Brown rice 100-120g, fresh veggie like lettuce or cherry tomatoes, 30-40g of tuna (200-250 cal)
    Snack - Weight Watcher's mini chocolate roll (Yes, I have a sweet tooth) (85 cal)
    Lunch - Protein Shake, Fat free Greek yoghurt with a spoonful of PB2 peanut butter powder (230 cal)
    Snack - Handful of blue berries (less than 30 cal!)
    Dinner - Whatever available, like a piece of pizza or veggie burger and stuff
    Snack - Another piece of Weight Watcher's sweet...

I don't feel hungry. I learnt it's not difficult to meet 1200 calorie target if I control my carb intake and don't eat mindlessly as I used to do.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon 3 half fillets of different types eg with chilli etc. A few fried green beans and some other salad stuff, followed by Yoghurt and raspberries.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is almost always.... whole wheat toast with peanut butter, water and a fruit.... sometimes for a snack, a second piece of toast or oatmeal with fruit. I drink about 3-4 glasses of water throughout the morning as well, another glass or two at lunch time, 2-3 in the afternoon and 1-2 in the evening.
    Lunch today was leftover beef stew with a variety of vegetables.... many days I have a whole wheat tortilla made into a wrap or pizza with vegies, other days an omlette with lots of vegies.
  • KCherry
    KCherry Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Lunch - Louisiana red beans and rice

Dinner- Stuffed Zucchini with Mushrooms and Onions
  • tyoung8
    tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Me!!! My day went like this:

Breakfast:2 eggs scrambled, three slices of turkey bacon
    Lunch: chicken ceasar salad (romaine lettuce, shredded parmesean cheese, ceasar croutons, grilled chicken breast, kens ceasar dressing)
    Dinner: Stuffed bell pepper (ground turkey, 1/4 cup of sloppy joe sauce, onions, 2% cheese) (YUMMY)
  • MelissaE1214
    MelissaE1214 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am!

For breakfast 1/2 cup 1% milk with 3/4 cup honey nut cherrios. Coffee with French vanilla creamer
    Snacks: some sort of fruit
    Lunch (today) I had tilapia with asparagus and baked beans
    Snack: whole wheat cheddar gold fish
    Dinner - home made chicken and broccoli stir fry

Not sure about after dinner snack yet
  • dalme0424
    dalme0424 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm doing the Kellogs K diet as of right now and I've lost 3 lbs in 2 days...For bfast I have 1cup of kellogs cereal, 1cup 2% milk, and 1/2 a banana. Then I have a snuck which is one of the kellogs protein/granola bars. For lunch I have a chicken sandwich. For another snack I have 30 chips, the kellogs brand, then for dinner I make up my own meal which is usually right around 400 cals. Like tonight I had 2 mini nibbler corn on the cobs and buffalo chicken snack rolls by michelinas lean gourmet. That totaled out to be 1043. I'm sure after my son goes to bed I'll also have 3 of those thin popsicles too hehe. How did everyone get those trackers on here?...:heart: