What’s been something you have been struggling with on your weight loss journey?

Options

Replies

• mrdowell2017
    mrdowell2017 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    waking up craving sugary foods and snacking in middle of the night
  • Just_Jon
    Just_Jon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Limiting the chocolate.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Getting bored during cardio. I've tried watching tv or shows on youtube and it helps a little. But usually 15 minutes in my mind just goes bonkers with how bored I am. But that doesn't happen when I'm sitting on the couch mindlessly watching something.

You need to find yourself a new type of cardio! I loath going to the gym because I find it boring. I get all my exercise doing Judo instead
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I screw up when I get to even numbers, 180, 170, etc. It's like my brain says "woo hoo, let's party!" I eat all the things, gain 3-4 pounds, and have to fight it back down. I know I do this. I even recognize it happening, and I still can't seem to not do it.

Still!
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    deviette wrote: »
    Getting bored during cardio. I've tried watching tv or shows on youtube and it helps a little. But usually 15 minutes in my mind just goes bonkers with how bored I am. But that doesn't happen when I'm sitting on the couch mindlessly watching something.

You need to find yourself a new type of cardio! I loath going to the gym because I find it boring. I get all my exercise doing Judo instead

I really loved jazzercize, but I can't afford the classes anymore. My new gym doesn't offer any classes, right now it's just the machines at the gym, or walking when it's not too hot outside. I think I multitask a lot more when i'm on the couch. I'm listening/watching, but also reading or texting or knitting, so I don't get bored.
  • treesponge
    treesponge Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Remembering to weigh my food before eating it. I haven't built that habit yet. But i think the biggest problem i have is that I'm the only one in the house trying to do better by myself. My bf's parents bring home all the worst temptations (and i mean worst. They aren't even good desserts) but i find myself having a hard time ignoring that slice of cake or that cookie while it's staring me in the face from the counter. Or bf's plate.
  • kmchugh_1
    kmchugh_1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My body not changing as quickly as it used to. I’m a former varsity athlete, I could shed 10lbs in 2 weeks. Now, it’s been a month and I’m still not seeing the numbers change. I’m not seeing my body look the way I want it. I’m eating well, I’m working my butt off but things don’t seem to be changing. Which makes it harder to keep going
  • cvetankamihajloska
    cvetankamihajloska Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sweet chocolate and everything sugary . Pls help to can resist them....
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Not telling people off who are hypercritical of my eatings habits, seem to give endless weight loss advise, yet never seem to lose any weight. If a brisket burger fits my calories, I am eating my brisket burger! Sometimes it's very difficult to not say anything regarding the Dr.Oz or other crackpot diet advice
  • scribblemoma
    scribblemoma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Patience. 100% patience. I’m 5’1” but most of my friends are 5’5” and up. We all eat at around 1300 a day (which is too low for them but that’s not my place). I exercise my fanny off on top of that. But guess who is creeping on the scale while the others are blitzing past their goals?

It’s hard not to compete with friends but I’m just taking it one day at a time...I’ll get there eventually haha!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I screw up when I get to even numbers, 180, 170, etc. It's like my brain says "woo hoo, let's party!" I eat all the things, gain 3-4 pounds, and have to fight it back down. I know I do this. I even recognize it happening, and I still can't seem to not do it.

Still!

I've been fighting with 180 for the past 3 weeks. Self sabotage at these numbers is going to be the death of me.

Exactly. Me, too.
  • neversaynever_43
    neversaynever_43 Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Still!

I've been fighting with 180 for the past 3 weeks. Self sabotage at these numbers is going to be the death of me.

Exactly. Me, too.

I hit it again this morning. Not 179.9. 180.0. I leave for vacation in 2 days!!! Just give me a .1 and I promise to behave on vacation!! o:)

• whytedeslyn
    whytedeslyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle is the amount of protein I consume. I love meats especially ribs. At times I go overboard with eating and gain all that I loss.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    All out binges. 4000-7000 calories. These are often, but not always, related to emotional eating. Such a horrible cycle.

I binge too! Especially when I'm drinking...and it's emotional. I've been trying to break the habit but I find myself getting discouraged when I don't see a change in my body, like now...which is why I'm back on the site for HELP.