What’s been something you have been struggling with on your weight loss journey?

Options

Replies

• msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle is the amount of protein I consume. I love meats especially ribs. At times I go overboard with eating and gain all that I loss.

I love steak the same....sigh. What I've been doing is cutting it from my diet for 2-3 weeks, then my cheat day is a big juicy steak.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's a struggle, but I just find weight loss painfully slow and I usually do a cut for 10-15 lbs, I can imagine how slow the process is for someone who has even more weight to lose than I do. One thing that also annoys me is that I have to eat the majority of my protein and little carbs and fats during the day so that I can eat supper without worrying about going over those 2 macros since I go out a few times with my friends. In other words, I have to save my calories during the day for social outings.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    teranga79 wrote: »
    Am really struggling with food cravings and binging. I'm definitely not overly-restrictive, I always allow calories for the foods I really enjoy (I have chocolate everyday!) But I'm really sabotaging my progress now with what feels like endless cravings. It's not that I want a biscuit, or a piece of cake.....it's that I want a couple of packets of biscuits, etc. It's like what I'm craving isn't the food itself, but the feeling of just mindlessly stuffing it in and not worrying about the consequences. Once the thought gets in my head it just seems to get bigger and bigger until I can't think about anything else - it's like being screamed at all day. The binges are going from a rare event that I could deal with (calorie-wise) to at least every other day. My deficit is already tiny (am pretty much at maintenance) so this behaviour is definitely not helpful! Just wish I could stop thinking like this.

I've been like this lately, too. It's weird. I sit at my desk at work and fantasize about walking to the nearest store, buying everything that looks good and eating it ALL. I fight that all day. Then I get home, and eat an unplanned snack (usually lots of chocolate) and then my planned dinner, and then a huge bowl of unplanned ice cream. Ugh.
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    teranga79 wrote: »
    Am really struggling with food cravings and binging. I'm definitely not overly-restrictive, I always allow calories for the foods I really enjoy (I have chocolate everyday!) But I'm really sabotaging my progress now with what feels like endless cravings. It's not that I want a biscuit, or a piece of cake.....it's that I want a couple of packets of biscuits, etc. It's like what I'm craving isn't the food itself, but the feeling of just mindlessly stuffing it in and not worrying about the consequences. Once the thought gets in my head it just seems to get bigger and bigger until I can't think about anything else - it's like being screamed at all day. The binges are going from a rare event that I could deal with (calorie-wise) to at least every other day. My deficit is already tiny (am pretty much at maintenance) so this behaviour is definitely not helpful! Just wish I could stop thinking like this.

Been there. Tried to explain that I gave in just to stop the constant "nagging" - eat, Eat, EAT, EAT! You're right, it is like being screamed at all day. There are certain foods that I just can't eat, even though I have the calories for them. No matter if I am stuffed to the point of pain, I will still crave more.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    My appetite has always outstripped my calorie burning ability. I try to fill up with low cal veggies. It's amazing how much celery I can stuff away. :X I think I have extra stomachs like a cow.
  • tb221
    tb221 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The most difficult thing for me is staying committed to logging my meals and sticking to a workout routine. My best friend and I are doing a "jog 30 miles in 30 days" challenge and today is day 4. I'm feeling good about completing it! I'm also logging all my meals for these 30 days!
  • jeromeloresco05
    jeromeloresco05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i just ate 3 French toast with sausage. "THE DEVIL"
  • jadamuriel76
    jadamuriel76 Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I struggle with staying committed to making good food choices at work and on the go. I need to make time to meal prep and take my lunch from home so this is less of an issue in the future. Wish me luck!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Those who are bored, have you got enough room at home to do workouts off of Youtube? You can have pretty much endless variety that way. I like Yoga by Adrienne. She has a zillion videos suitable for a range of fitness levels. There are instructors out there for more advanced people as well. My mainstay though is the elliptical and weights at PF. I put creepypastas or Let's Plays of horror games on my phone and watch/listen. The workout flies by as I watch my favorite youtubers escape the zombies and solve the mysteries.
  • RockinOilyMomma
    RockinOilyMomma Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Drinking enough water. I had been addicted to Dr Pepper and Mcalisters Deli half and half tea before getting the app and realizing that it isn’t worth it on a daily basis. So I just don’t drink anything most of the time now :neutral:
  • RockinOilyMomma
    RockinOilyMomma Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    clobern80 wrote: »
    Wishing it didn't go so slow. No matter how many times I've done this, I know it takes weeks and months and years to get where I want. But it is frustrating when I feel I've been working so hard for a few weeks and barely anything has happened. Or I see no change myself in photos or the mirror. Just that desire for it to HAPPEN.

Same! I wish instant gratification were more realistic than it is.

• smilin_happily
    smilin_happily Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For me, it's fear of getting fat again. I think that my biggest struggle. I remember how I felt and how I was treated when I was larger, and it wasn't good. So I remember that, and take it to extremes at times. (That I can admit.) I rarely stray from a healthy eating schedule, I work out twice a day even when dealing with a painful injury or when I'm sick, and when I eat something unhealthy or can't workout for whatever reason, I feel an intense amount of shame, guilt, worries. I'm trying to balance it all out, but like everything, it's a work in progress.
  • jdlifsey
    jdlifsey Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Getting to bed earlier so I can wake up early to go to the gym or not having something else to do early in the morning that interferes with going to the gym early. I hope to start back to the gym on Monday.