Help!!

Options
I need to loose 60lbs!! I am so WEAK!! I NEED HELP!! I KEEP ROLLERCOASTING! SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!! I HAVE LOST WEIGHT IN THE PAST BUT PUT IT BACK ON. :s:(:'(:D

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Log your food. Even if you go over calories. Just keep logging.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Yep^^

Commit to logging everything you eat. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Do it honestly for a week. Then look back over your food diary and find somewhere you can make one change. Maybe switch one soda per day out for water. Do that, and keep logging everything for another week. Then look back over your diary and find another change you can make, maybe committing to having a vegetable every day at dinner. Do that, and keep logging for another week. Are you seeing the pattern? ;)

Huge sweeping changes are what cause us to fail. Make small, sustainable changes that you can keep up for the rest of your life.

Good luck!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Help yourself - Join the gym, hire a trainer or hire an online trainer and get a program and nutritional plan... do some research on nutrition. Start learning man, asking people on here to help you some how you'll just get a "you can do it" kind of response normally... idk think of where you would be today if you started a year ago today and decided to take your fitness and nutrition seriously and invested time into learning about everything. (forms isn't the place to learn much but opinions)
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    What worked for me was:
    1) Do what worked for me not someone else's plan.
    2) Start walking instead of trying to join a gym because I LIKE walking. Went slow and worked my way up.
    3) Quit trying to lose it all instantly. I took my time.
    4) Be willing to try new foods.

Everyone is different and different things work for each of us. I had to find my own way. I had tried all the plans, diets, pills, even surgery. For me it was about my body and preferences and finding something I could stay with for life.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more. No one can help you with that, you need to be the one to hold yourself accountable. Log your food, go for a walk every day, baby steps, you can do this.
  • Chesirekate
    Chesirekate Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just like everyone says...find something that fits your lifestyle that will make it easy to incorporate weight loss. For me, because I'm never hungry in the morning, nor do I have time to make and eat breakfast, intermittent fasting works for me. I have 2 meals around 700 calories a piece and this has helped me stay honest (not for everyone, but works for me). I also walk to and from work, and try to walk everywhere I can. Try to figure out what will work for you and what you can stick to long term.
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Food scale! Everything goes on the food scale! I bought a premade salad today for lunch and I took each component out (as much as possible) to weigh it individually. Still had to estimate some, but it's way closer than it would have been than just eyeballing it. Turkey 70g, goat cheese 20g, beets 50g, vinaigrette 26ml...

Stick to it. Don't be discouraged after a week. Make a change and promise you'll do something for a month, then reevaluate. I'm currently no-alcohol and very limited processed/added sugar for the next four weeks. How am I going to feel when it's done? What are the results going to be? We'll see!