-100 lbs in 1 yr - with pics!!

Options
dolphinie13
dolphinie13 Posts: 50 Member
7w71y1vtanho.jpg
gi6ae99fk7vu.jpg

Today is my 1 yr ketoversary. It's been an amazing journey so far, and I'm quite pleased with my success. I'm officially down 100 lbs exactly! I honestly thought 100 lbs was such a pie in the sky ideal that I'd never make it, and yet here I am. And I'm still going strong!

I've been overweight and obese for almost my entire adult life. I've tried many diets and exercise programs to try to lose weight over the years. For one reason or another they've all failed - mostly because I couldn't stick with them. Eating keto is sustainable for me, and frankly it's the tastiest diet I've ever been on.

I first heard of the ketogenic diet from my sister, and was inspired by her success. I am the type to research EVERYTHING, and spent about 4 months doing so before starting for myself. In fact, I decided in the middle of the day on Tuesday, 27 June 2017 to start the keto diet. I'd already finished lunch, but from that moment on I ate very low carb and high fat. I stumbled a bit at first, but soon got into a groove. You don't have to wait for a Monday, or even the beginning of the month to start!

I know not everyone subscribes to keto, and that's totally okay. The trick is to find something that works well for you, and for what ails you. Keto was the perfect fit for me and my situation. If it doesn't work for you, keep searching for something that does. I will never push my way of eating on anyone. If someone's interested, then great! If not, we can happily continue with our own things and still get along.

I lost most of my weight in the first 6 months. The last 6 months have seen much slower losses. I'm still chugging along, and will continue to do so to get to my goals.

Today, I feel SO much better than at this time last year. Most of my chronic pain is gone. I'm not forced out of bed because my back is aching in the morning. I now naturally get up earlier anyway, but it's a good thing. I have TONS more energy and have begun hiking and bicycling weekly.

One of the best NSVs is that I'm not hot all the time. I thought I was just one of those people who would ALWAYS be hot, no matter the ambient temperature. Losing weight and getting my blood sugar under control has really helped my body regulate its temperature. I'm not constantly sweating and red faced. I can go outside in the summer without feeling like I'm going to die of heat exhaustion.

My life is better in so many ways, and I'm so grateful to have begun and stuck with keto. It's truly been a life saver for me. I'm off all of my diabetes medications, including insulin. My A1C is still improving, and my Dr is thrilled with my results.

I'm also grateful for my support system. My friends and family have been hugely supportive. My best friend tells me that I've been so successful because I'm so stubborn, but in a good way. LOL! I'll take it! It's true that I've stuck with this for longer than anything else I've tried over the years. I plan to keep it up indefinitely. The online support has also been wonderful, and so helpful as I navigate this new way of life. Thank you everyone!

If you've stuck with me this far, thank you for reading. You, too, can reach your goals! Find what works for you, and stick with it!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    High five! You look amazing!
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I saw your story on facebook in a Keto group I am in. you look absolutely amazing. keep up the good work.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    incredible!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration, congrats!
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look fantastic!!
  • beautifulchaos135
    beautifulchaos135 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    7w71y1vtanho.jpg
    gi6ae99fk7vu.jpg

If you've stuck with me this far, thank you for reading. You, too, can reach your goals! Find what works for you, and stick with it!

I am only on day two of a keto lifestyle. You are such an inspiration! Great job, you look amazing!

• vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring! Great job!!
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I just started keto but 2.5 weeks in I've already lost 14lbs! It's a great way to lose weight and not feel hungry
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    You look so healthy and happy! Congratulations :smile:
  • shedsports10
    shedsports10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations good work. Look good👍
  • MANDRADE36
    MANDRADE36 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! I have been on Keto for 30 days today and I'm down 20lbs. I still feel as if I'm not doing something right, but I'm going to keep going. You story is definitely the motivation I needed this morning, thanks!
  • jyvonne27
    jyvonne27 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, you look great
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What will power, an inspiration to all.
  • binor
    binor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look so happy. Congratulations
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you! What an inspiration. Keep up the good work and enjoy all the energy and feeling healthy.
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Awesome Transformation!
  • anhan1983
    anhan1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for inspiring a fellow ketoer!
  • ElGoli
    ElGoli Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! You are an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!