Friends that believe in “detoxing” and other woo

Options

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Not a friend or family, but it would be pretty hard to top this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ALVs3s2FnY

That's.... so much woo I think my brain imploded.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Some time ago a family member was posting a lot on facebook about how eating a specific list of 7 foods or teas that would miraculously cure your cancer.

• aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    One person told me that people can consume any amount of calories that they wish and won't gain weight as long as they are in ketosis.
    I asked if they meant that they could consistently create a calorie surplus and not gain and they answered yes.
    ( LMAO)
    They drank coffee with oil and whipping cream mixed in all day long. They mixed in so much oil that the coffee looked like an oil spill on the gulf. Lol!
    When they ended up gaining weight they said that it must be muscle. This person never lifted or exercised at all. They considered daily tasks like walking to the water cooler or walking to the mailbox as exercise.
    This person continues to believe that keto will solve all lifes problems and hasn't actually lost any weight yet.
    Some people believe in the woo so strongly that they refuse to see the truth. They are blinded by the woo.

Blinded by the woo - words to live by!!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Love this subject... I work with a woman who does "detoxes" every once in a while. She only drinks lemon water or something like that for about 3 days. She's miserable and when she done she's back to eating crap. I don't know if she loses weight or inches but she certainly doesn't have the best attitude while she is "detoxing". I've only known her a year and she's done this multiple times.
    I want to ask why not just eat well and exercise? but, to each their own.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Squeaky colon = whole other set of issues

Wasn't Squeaky Colon in the Manson Family?

I sometimes get squeaky Colon from eating too much broccoli and Sausage.

I started a new protein powder yesterday :grimace:
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Squeaky colon = whole other set of issues

Wasn't Squeaky Colon in the Manson Family?

I sometimes get squeaky Colon from eating too much broccoli and Sausage.

I get screamy colon from that.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I really think that this post is in poor taste.

I was thinking that hot ginger lemonade with honey sounded super tasty.

I don't know if this is sarcastic or not, but it's 95 degrees here and ginger lemonade over ice would just hit the spot!