Losing the weight

Hey everyone! So I started working out last Sunday, and it is now Thursday. I also started eating really clean since Sunday, but how come I haven’t lost any weight yet? I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong? Anyone able to help me?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Eating clean? Are you counting calories? How much weight do you want to lose?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Patience. You're not going to see results in 4 days.

Also eating "clean" has nothing to do with it. You need to be in a calorie deficit. Are you accurately logging everything you eat into MFP?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Weightloss takes a long time, and eating clean can mean so many things that it means nothing. Eat in a calorie deficit, and be patient, and you lose weight.
  • sushisunflower
    sushisunflower Posts: 7 Member

By eating clean, I mean that I’ve cut out all processed foods, and sugars. I am logging into this and counting my calories, which based off this, it says I need 1200 a day which I am logging. I am currently 5’2, 148.8lbs, and would like to loose 20 lbs. I’ve been running for 30 mins, and then doing weights for 30 mins. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. 😔
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Practice patience. I was 140 all my adult life and those twenty pounds I lost took me roughly 6 months.
  • Truns1990
    Truns1990 Posts: 12 Member
    Keep doing what you're doing and you will start to see noticable changes in a month
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    You’re doing great. Don’t change anything. If you haven’t lost any weight in 3-4 weeks repost and we can help you to tighten things up in your calorie counting. You didn’t get to your current weight overnight. Just give this process some time.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Well, it's been 4 whole days. Weight loss is a slow process. On top of that, you just started working out so you're retaining water to insulate damaged muscle tissue and aid in repair...that water retention is going to mask fat loss.

You need to really look at this long term...months...not a handful of days.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2018
    By eating clean, I mean that I’ve cut out all processed foods, and sugars. I am logging into this and counting my calories, which based off this, it says I need 1200 a day which I am logging. I am currently 5’2, 148.8lbs, and would like to loose 20 lbs. I’ve been running for 30 mins, and then doing weights for 30 mins. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. 😔

"Eating clean" has nothing to do with weight loss. And you're nowhere near patient enough. 4 days is too soon to expect clear results. I also suspect you told MFP you wanted to lose 2 lbs a week. Since you're only a little overweight by the standard BMI charts, that's too aggressive. If you're not eating back a portion of your exercise calories, that's far too aggressive.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member

with only 20 lbs to lose then you need to be trying to lose only .5 lbs a week(half a lb). and the less weight you have to lose the slower its going to be.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hey everyone! So I started working out last Sunday, and it is now Thursday. I also started eating really clean since Sunday, but how come I haven’t lost any weight yet? I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong? Anyone able to help me?

#1 *Eating clean* isn't the end all be all to fat loss. It's basic science and math - calories in versus calories out. Eat whatever you want to fill your body with in order to meet those specific calorie goals and macro goals. Props to you for eating clean though! Very difficult to do in today's world with all the processed crap we have that's easy access.

#2 Sunday to Thursday isn't even a week. You don't look like you're massively obese by any means, and those are typically the people that experience weight "falling off". It will take time, patience and consistency. Lots of consistency.

#3 Log your food accurately, weigh and measure everything properly. Minimize alcohol intake, liquid calories and try to increase protein. That is the best advice I can give to use MFP as a tool in your weight loss journey.

[edited by mods]
  • elliejayneday132
    elliejayneday132 Posts: 12 Member
    You might not be losing weight but you could be losing inches
  • pinksunnyrose
    pinksunnyrose Posts: 453 Member
    At that height it’s going to take your entire goal and 2-4 months to “see” a result you’ll be semi happy with.
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    If you are new to exercise that can have an effect as well. (water retention for muscle repair) As everyone says, keep working out, logging your food. I highly recommend a before pic/measurements. Update them weekly/biweekly/monthly, however much you want. The results will come, just not overnight.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    sprhrmiz07a0.jpg
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Okay, weight loss does not work like that.

Eating clean may be better for your health but has nothing to do with weight loss.

An hour a day of activity is also good for you, but will not by itself produce weight loss unless you are also eating in a deficit.

You explained that you are eating in a deficit. However, four days is not enough to see a significant loss of fat show up on the scale. The human body is mostly made of water and water weight goes up and down by several pounds every day. Weight also goes up and down depending on what you have eaten and when you use the bathroom. Your muscles retain extra water to make repairs when you exercise.

It's way too soon in this process to be posting unhappy face emojis. If you want to lose 20 lbs and keep it off for the rest of your life, you are going to have to learn new habits that you will be happy to continue for the rest of your life, or the weight will come right back and bring friends when you stop "dieting."

• BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    You might not be losing weight but you could be losing inches

In four days? I doubt it.

OP, I'm roughly the same height as you, and had a similar starting weight and goal weight. It took me nearly a year to lose 25lbs.