Does anyone else have this problem?

Options
2»

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Ithe badonkadonk and what fits the badonkadonk doesn't fit the waist or thighs.

the badonkadonk...a new one for me..I like it

I can't believe you have never heard that....there is even a song about it called Honky Tonk Badonkadonk (it's a country song of course). We also call it "junk in the trunk" "poochy butt" "back porch"

and I like country and I sure like a nice booty so there! learn something everyday here...LOL
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I finally got up the nerve to make this post. Great support and suggestions. I never thought about trying men's jeans. I'll have to check them out the next time I go to Wally World. As for Victoria's Secret, never imagined going into that store but now that I've lost weight and have more self confidence and self esteem, I'll definitely walk into that store. :happy: Thanks everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • rabidwidowkill
    Options
    totally lol... i have this like obnoxiously huge butt and my hips kind of match but when it comes to well fitting jeans the only ones i get are the higher waisted ones... when i first lost weight when i was still a teen i did the low waisted jeans but not to sound all crude i know some girls have this issue... when you have a large butt your butt crack does the same.. being more pronounced hahaha so those arent meant for you! just like skinny jeans and mini skirts somethings are meant for certain bodies... never buy jeans and try them on when you get home... thats the worst ever! also try to find some other type of pant that is just as comfy as jeans but can also be used for semi formal... also anything that says stretch make sure they dont STRETCH tooooo much by buying the wrong size because it "looked good in the fitting room" and when you wash them they take a life on of it's own
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    totally lol... i have this like obnoxiously huge butt and my hips kind of match but when it comes to well fitting jeans the only ones i get are the higher waisted ones... when i first lost weight when i was still a teen i did the low waisted jeans but not to sound all crude i know some girls have this issue... when you have a large butt your butt crack does the same.. being more pronounced hahaha so those arent meant for you! just like skinny jeans and mini skirts somethings are meant for certain bodies... never buy jeans and try them on when you get home... thats the worst ever! also try to find some other type of pant that is just as comfy as jeans but can also be used for semi formal... also anything that says stretch make sure they dont STRETCH tooooo much by buying the wrong size because it "looked good in the fitting room" and when you wash them they take a life on of it's own

great face...tough name....you go girl!
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I had that problem too and out of curiosity tried Levis new line of women's jeans. They don't slide like my old jeans did. They do just a little as they stretch through the day but they seem to keep their shape better probably from the spandex since they are stretch jeans. Fred Meyer has all the different styles. I also suggest staying away from any junior sizing meaning the odd numbers like a 9 or an 11. Go with even sizes. The other brand that I really like because the waist isn't as low is Riders which you can get at KMart for like 22.00. Super comfy and last a long time. I also think the Route 66 jeans from KMart are made with a slightly higher back than the lower front.

The other thing I was doing was buying the jeans to fit perfectly when I first put them on. Almost all lower waisted fashion jeans are stretch jeans and are meant to stretch a bit when you button and zip them. I was getting a 10 and recently figured out I'm actually an 8. I would wear my jeans for like two hours and suddenly I had a half inch of room in the waist with a droopy butt.

BTW Dave you crack me up!
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hey Mommared,

Ever heard of "V-cut" jeans? They are jeans that specifically address this problem that almost all women have, especially those with a classic hourglass shape. V-cut jeans are cut higher in the back to control the muffin top and prevent pantie-peek, but they still have a lower rise in front so that they are flattering and fashionable. Victoria's secret has a moderately priced line, and I also think that Lee jeans (found at Kohls or JCPenney) make similar styles. It's the jeans, not your body, that give you muffin top. Fit makes all the difference!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I have a badookadunk and a small waist- And I realized that not all jeans are meant for everyone-- I spend more money on my jeans because I am very funny about fits (I hate saggy croches, high waist, Bagginess in the waist (now you know why my husband hates going jean shopping with me lol)

There is a great website called zafu.com where you can choose the best fitting jeans for your size and how you want your jeans to fit.

Muffin top means your jeans aren't fitting correctly
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I got lots o' junk i my trunk...it won't matter how much weight I ever lose, I will ALWAYS have it...it's just me! So I love Riders jeans and Lee jeans...because they fit my booty and my small waist. It's when I buy "those other jeans" that I can't get them to fit in the waist...especially now that I'm losing some weight.

I'm glad you posted this....looks like a bunch of us are in a similar situation.:wink: