Hi! I'm MommaFruitcake. <3

Options
HELLO! I decided to join this community in hopes that it will help me stay accountable. Thank you!

Please be my fren. I'm following Keto. <3

Replies

• GeorgeGCT
    GeorgeGCT Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am also following Keto. How long have you been on it? Going on a few weeks here. Basically macros 75% fat, 20% protein, 5% carbs is my daily goal. Nice to chat with other folks maintaining Ketosis.
  • Krissylynn423
    Krissylynn423 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Keto also
  • onecolbert
    onecolbert Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have 0 friends lol
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Add me ...i am aldo fairly keto new.
  • mommafruitcake
    mommafruitcake Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    GeorgeGCT wrote: »
    Hello. I am also following Keto. How long have you been on it? Going on a few weeks here. Basically macros 75% fat, 20% protein, 5% carbs is my daily goal. Nice to chat with other folks maintaining Ketosis.

Hi George! I'm going on 2 months now! Perhaps over, actually. Macro ratios are the same as yours! And just this morning made my June goal, so yay! Thank you! Sorry it took so long...I didn't have a notification, so I had no idea anyone had replied. LOL.
  • mommafruitcake
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Keto also

I'll grab you! Thank you!
  • mommafruitcake
    Options
    onecolbert wrote: »
    Hello. I have 0 friends lol

Awwwww!!!! I'm headed over to change that number. <3
  • mommafruitcake
    Options
    jrmie333 wrote: »

@jrmie333, I think you got me first! How are you liking Keto so far?
  • jrmie333
    Options

@mommafruitcake i really like the fact that it does not seem like I am dieting. I am slowly but surely changing myself both inside and outside. And now I have added more meditating sessions (personal and in family) to support my journey. I feel good. Even when i worried or fall off the wagon, i can pick myself up easily with keto than with other diets. It also pushes me to cook more, bake more, pay close attention not only to my food but also members of my family. I want more. I want to get better. And I finally feel like, Keto could be the answer to my healthy self.
  • mommafruitcake
    Options

@mommafruitcake i really like the fact that it does not seem like I am dieting. I am slowly but surely changing myself both inside and outside. And now I have added more meditating sessions (personal and in family) to support my journey. I feel good. Even when i worried or fall off the wagon, i can pick myself up easily with keto than with other diets. It also pushes me to cook more, bake more, pay close attention not only to my food but also members of my family. I want more. I want to get better. And I finally feel like, Keto could be the answer to my healthy self.

@jrmie333 , that is so wonderful to hear! You can do this, honey! We can all get through this together and keep it on forever. It's really nice, isn't it? It doesn't feel like a "diet." I'm never hungry. I have energy. I don't curse the gods every night, and if I decide to have ice cream or something sweet, I know I can just make up for it and get back into ketosis the next day, now. It allows for error once you figure out what you're doing.

I think my favorite thing about Keto is that you feel as if you have control. You know why your body is doing what it's doing, and you understand the repercussions of sliding off every once in a while, yet they do NOT feel like doom. I believe that comes from understanding the process of what's going on inside. You're not guessing whether you're doing the right thing...at least once you're established.

It's so beautiful that you've been able to get family support! GOOD LUCK!!!!! I don't think you need it! You sound like you've got it, but sending you ((hugs)) either way. <3
  • jrmie333
    Options

@jrmie333 , that is so wonderful to hear! You can do this, honey! We can all get through this together and keep it on forever. It's really nice, isn't it? It doesn't feel like a "diet." I'm never hungry. I have energy. I don't curse the gods every night, and if I decide to have ice cream or something sweet, I know I can just make up for it and get back into ketosis the next day, now. It allows for error once you figure out what you're doing.

I think my favorite thing about Keto is that you feel as if you have control. You know why your body is doing what it's doing, and you understand the repercussions of sliding off every once in a while, yet they do NOT feel like doom. I believe that comes from understanding the process of what's going on inside. You're not guessing whether you're doing the right thing...at least once you're established.

It's so beautiful that you've been able to get family support! GOOD LUCK!!!!! I don't think you need it! You sound like you've got it, but sending you ((hugs)) either way. <3

Thank you very much. To you too 😄💖💖💖
  • GeorgeGCT
    GeorgeGCT Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So I had a tiny amount of veggie pasta last night smothered in meatsauce. I honestly got full within a few bites. I ended up eating all the sauce and tossing the noodles. I think my body was giving me and those carbs the finger. Appetite has not set in since. It's 8am EST here. Need to figure out what the meal plan for today will be. It's my wife's birthday so we likely will go out. Can't wait to see the restaurant wait staff's face when I order. It's hilarious watching everyone give you dirty looks when you ask for half a stick of butter for your steak and broccoli. Hehehe
  • mommafruitcake
    edited July 2018
    Options
    GeorgeGCT wrote: »
    So I had a tiny amount of veggie pasta last night smothered in meatsauce. I honestly got full within a few bites. I ended up eating all the sauce and tossing the noodles. I think my body was giving me and those carbs the finger. Appetite has not set in since. It's 8am EST here. Need to figure out what the meal plan for today will be. It's my wife's birthday so we likely will go out. Can't wait to see the restaurant wait staff's face when I order. It's hilarious watching everyone give you dirty looks when you ask for half a stick of butter for your steak and broccoli. Hehehe

HAHAHA!!! It is weird, huh? Or a bunless burger with mayo. You get a "what's the point" look every time. Point is my booty is shrinking - get that mayo in muh belly.

To be honest, I'm guilty of the "what's the point" look when I see someone order a double-meat, double-cheeseburger and extra large fries with a diet coke. LOL. I'm not usually judgy about food choices, but that one has always baffled me. LOL.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    HELLO! I decided to join this community in hopes that it will help me stay accountable. Thank you!

Please be my fren. I'm following Keto. <3

Welcome, aboard! Following Keto as well. Been enjoying all that bacon and Blue Cheese Dressing since February, 2018. Love it. But, also trying to edumacate folks about Keto....there is a lot of bad information out there about it. I do this because of high A1C.....but am really glad as I really enjoy the food.