Flax and/or chia seeds and nuts
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Good ole fashion butter!
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You don’t need to increase calories to increase fat. You change your macros. You’d be surprised at how filling healthy fats are. Nuts, full fat dairy or coconut milk, avocado, pastured butter or ghee, coconut and olive oil, olives.. all good examples of fat. I personally have been on keto for almost two months. I’ve always included healthy fats but I can’t believe the change to how satisfied I feel all the time and with very few cravings. I eat the same number of calories (or less) but way fewer carbs (all from veg and a little fruit) and moderate protein. I’ve lost about 20 pounds in those two months (about 60 to lose altogether). Good luck. Don’t be afraid of fat. :)

I will try that.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    consider using 1-2% milk vs. 0% that will buy you a few grams here and there;

you seem to alo be going over your carbs every day - so you could easily reduce some of those and add some fats in
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    consider using 1-2% milk vs. 0% that will buy you a few grams here and there;

you seem to alo be going over your carbs every day - so you could easily reduce some of those and add some fats in

Yes I was looking at that (again) this morning. Not sure how to reduce that other than smaller portion of oatmeal. Most of my starches come from veggies/fruit besides that and my home made protein bar. This will be the next thing I look at balancing but again i'd rather not overhaul everything...

I have switched out a cheese string snack for 20g almonds. I scaled back on some veggy cals to even out the extra calories between cheese and almonds. This gets me closer to what it recommended already really so just minor tweaks left.

I bought 2% milk, may reduce quantity of milk in my coffee to offset calories if needed (maybe as it tastes strong i won't need as much).

I admit balancing ALL segments is harder than it sounds! Concentrating on 1-2 is much easier ;)
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I follow the Ketogenic Lifestyle due to high A1C and insulin resistance. I very much appreciate fats! :-)
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Step 1 today is i've weighted out 20gram of almonds to fit in as a snack. I'll be looking at adding chia seeds or PB to my steel cut oats.

I actually do find that sometimes I don't finish my veggies so this is a good time to reduce the veggy bulk and work in good fats. I quite like salmon so i can fit that in. Eggs are a main go to. I'll swap out my daily dessert to chocolate that has some fat (and in the same calorie count I was allowing myself). and buy 1 or 2% greek yogurt.

That sounds like a good start! :-)
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Easiest way might be to swap fat free/low fat things for full fat. Often these are sweetened to make the substance more palatable, so going full fat can often come in at almost exactly the same number of calories (sometimes less even!)
  • GeorgeGCT
    GeorgeGCT Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been using heavy whipping cream in my coffee. Lol lots of fat, not many carbs. Also quite tasty. And if the whipping cream is getting old, I whip it with cream cheese, erythritol, rasberries(only need 2 or 3), and zest a lemon when plating. I highly recommend trying. Can even change up fruit, no fruit, vanilla, pure cocoa powder. Enjoy.