Struggling

Options
I'm struggling big style since I came back from holiday on Saturday, I just want to eat and eat and eat and only wanting rubbish, help!

Jayne
x

Replies

• shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Sweet rubbish or savoury rubbish?
  • kyleskrinak
    kyleskrinak Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Do you do any kind of ahead planning for your day?
  • jetsec
    jetsec Posts: 79
    Options
    Sweet and savoury! I'm still off work until Thursday and just can't motivate myself to go and get any proper shopping or do any exercise. I just can't motivate myself at all.

Jayne
    x
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Stop, stop, stop!! You will undo all the hard work you have done so far! You've lost over a stone, which is brilliant :bigsmile:
    Try and focus on those clothes you can now get into, and the ones you could get into if you carry on and lose. And then think about them becoming tighter if you keep binging. Which would you rather??

Don't mean to be harsh, just trying to get you to focus :happy:
  • jetsec
    Options
    lol Wenders, don't worry about being harsh, I think I need a good talking to!

I took all new clothes to Spain and my family who live there all said how good they looked. I think I'm just missing them and feeling low which is an eating trigger for me.

Jayne
    x
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options

I took all new clothes to Spain and my family who live there all said how good they looked.

Try and remember how good that made you feel - their support and appreciation of how well you've done, get hold of that feeling and let it inspire you to climb back on board and continue your good work, so next time you see them they'll be even more amazed! :O) (Hope this helps)
  • jetsec
    Options
    Thanks Sue, I'm going to try and keep remembering how good it felt to buy that size smaller!

Jayne
    x

I took all new clothes to Spain and my family who live there all said how good they looked.

Try and remember how good that made you feel - their support and appreciation of how well you've done, get hold of that feeling and let it inspire you to climb back on board and continue your good work, so next time you see them they'll be even more amazed! :O) (Hope this helps)
  • MamboGyrl
    MamboGyrl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Jayne - I can ABSOLUTELY relate. Went to my folks last weekend & totally off the wagon. I feel like I am starting ALL OVER & my self esteem is SHOT! I wish when I was putting the poor choice for food in my trap I would remember the consequenses, but I do not. ONLY the thought that this yummy (name food here) will make it all better. I am an emotional eater & a bit stressed.... HOWEVER, that being said, I don't want that to be an excuse. There will be MANY hard times in my future & I need to learn how to deal with them without food. Thanks for being candid.
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Right then, tonight walking, tomorrow night swimming, wednesday night walking and thursday swimming with the kids - how about it???x
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    sounds like your brain is still in vaccation mode, do some very routine things to reset your brain. and well just buckle down and be strictish with yourself. but soon as you can get your brain back in the normal routine it will probably be easier
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Once you get out of your routine it is hard to get back at it. Don't give up you have done so well. Go to the store today and only buy stuff that is good for you and take this week to get yourself back on track. Step on the scale and see where you are now and use that as motivation to get back on track.
  • PJ42
    PJ42 Posts: 11
    Options
    I think the best thing to do right now is to not beat yourself up too bad. Sometimes we are so hard on ourselves, it makes it that mush harder to get back on track. So you went a little overboard. It's okay. Take a deep breath, pop down to the store, get some and veg and fresh fruit for the rest of today and get back to your routine tomorrow :-) Good luck.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You're so lucky to go to Spain, hope you had fun!

For motivation is it possible to have a fitness buddy? My bf and i keep each other accountable at the gym and so far so good. We motivate eachother and being competitive we often push ourselves harder when we work out together.
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I see everyone saying to stop stop stop, Im going to say something controversial, eat eat eat, take 2 multis and eat your heart out today, do a full binge, and satisfy yourself, tomorrow morning you should feel satisfied, if you are hungry physically or emotionally go ahead and give in and view it as a need, tomorrow when you have filled that need you should be able to go on in your diet feeling less deprived, if you are lacking vitamins the multi should help
  • jetsec
    Options
    Thank you all, I've given myself a serious talking to, I've been out walking with my lovely friend and played with the kids in the park and hopefully I'm getting my head back to where it should be.

I did really well on holiday, I had a drink every day but stayed under my calories and either walked or swam every day so managed not to gain anything.

I need to concentrate on my next target, 2 stone by November and you've all helped me so a big thank you to you all.

Jayne
    x