Movie time!

Options
Tonight I'm going to a movie. I never buy at the concession, but I still come in with a full bag of goodies purchased elsewhere. Maltesers (my fave), Peanut M&M's (my fave), Pringles (my fave), and an ice-cold can of Fresca (my fave). Okay, I love them all! But tonight I'm a little stressed with the idea of entering the theatre empty-handed. Oh, I thought of smart choices like a Ziploc bag of carrots and celery, fruit, yogurt, and so on. But that's just not going to fly with me. When it comes to movie munchies, I feel like it's all or nothing.

So... does anyone have any words of wisdom for me? Any advice? Great ideas? I hate the way this feels. All I want is to go to a movie and enjoy it without filling my face with crap in the process.

Replies

• FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I went to the movies a few weeks ago, I felt the same way. Buy some popcorn kernels and make your own popcorn on the stove top! I didn't add any butter, just a little garlic salt and it was delicious and filling . Stuff it in a ziplock and sneak it into the theater in a big purse, hehe. If they catch you tell them you have dietary restraints and had to make butterless popcorn. Maybe bring a diet soda too? And some gummy snacks? I brought with annies bunnies since they're my favorite :smile: I'd still bring with the peanut M&Ms (theyve got protein right!?) just portion them out so you don't eat the entire bag in the dark during a suspenseful moment lol.
  • fichey
    fichey Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Last time I went to the movies I snuck in a big bag of sweet cherries. They fulfill that same sweet snacking urge and you have to slow down for the pits!
  • tyktok
    tyktok Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your good ideas! I was going to make some air-popped popcorn, seasoned with something spicy, but I don't have enough time. Instead, I'm bringing in some frozen Saskatoons, some cherries (with the pits), and a cup of plain Cheerios. Something I discovered with this little dilemma is that I don't eat at the movies because I'm hungry. I eat because it satisfies my hand-to-mouth urge. Which is why popcorn is always a good choice - kernel by kernel. Tonight, it will be berry-by-berry, cherry-by-cherry, and Cheerio-by-Cheerio. That ought to keep my hands busy. Or..... I could teach myself knit. :wink:
  • greendale87
    greendale87 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I got these big lollipops-lindas lollies- definitely a sweet treat but lasts an hour and easy to sneak into a show. Also cornthins are great and magic pop (freshly popped) - if u you ever see that in the grocery store.
  • tyktok
    Options
    Well I did it. I survived a night at the movies with my Cheerios, cherries and Saskatoons! Some Peanut M&M's would have satisfied my sweet tooth in a much bigger way, but I'm still pleased with the alternative. It's a good thing I don't go to the movies every day. ;)
  • xxmoondew
    xxmoondew Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I go to the movies with my S.O. pretty often and I gotta have some theater snacks, lol. When I know I'm going to the movies I plan it out in my calorie log.
    I'm still kinda bad at getting the large popcorn bag but I've gotten good about choosing only one bag of candy that's about 200 cals cause I always wanna eat the whole thing. Then usually the next day I'll but my calories down a little and work out.

Going to the movies should be fun so if you do end up binging once don't sweat it too much.

Oh and if you haven't seen it already, Jurrasic World :Fallen Kingdom was really good :D
  • tyktok
    Options
    xxmoondew wrote: »
    I go to the movies with my S.O. pretty often and I gotta have some theater snacks, lol. When I know I'm going to the movies I plan it out in my calorie log.
    I'm still kinda bad at getting the large popcorn bag but I've gotten good about choosing only one bag of candy that's about 200 cals cause I always wanna eat the whole thing. Then usually the next day I'll but my calories down a little and work out.

Going to the movies should be fun so if you do end up binging once don't sweat it too much.

Oh and if you haven't seen it already, Jurrasic World :Fallen Kingdom was really good :D

You're right in saying that going to the movies should be fun. All in moderation, right? I'll look for Jurrasic World, too - thanks for the tip :smile: