How did you find your "happy" weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    For me (when I lost weight last time) it was when I stopped feeling uncomfotable in my own skin - I didnt worry that this shirt is showing this roll or whatever. I started buying clothes a size bigger even, instead of buying whatever size I could reasonably squeeze into. I felt fit and healthy - just wanted to tone.
    Then I kept doing my same schedule (mistake) cause I knew nothing about actual CICOand nutrition (mistake) and lost another 7 lbs making me (in retrospect)too skinny and unhealthy (mistake). This time I have set a range and am going to see how I feel when I get there.
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My goal is healthy BMI, good blood chemistry, strong, functional body, and just enough fat that I don't look drawn and don't constantly struggle to keep the weight off. In the past, that has been roughly 143-147 pounds on my 5 foot four frame, and that is what I am aiming for.
  • rueruechika86
    rueruechika86 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For me it's when I get to the point where I can honestly say, "I don't want to look smaller or thinner than this."
    You'll get there one day :)
  • Themajez
    Themajez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's based on a combination of how I look and wearing clothing from my mid 20s.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    When I hit it, I knew. Looked good, felt good and could maintain without tremendous effort. Sadly, I let it slip away. But I’ll get back there..
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    For me, it will be once I hit an Aussie size 8 and am within the healthy weight range.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,410 Member
    Options
    Clothes don't fit anyway as I have an odd bodyshape the fashion industry doesn't care about. For me, if I go too low my face looks too low and my blood pressure is so bad that I might just faint upon standing up. For me it's about being healthy, having the curves I'm happy with and a healthy look.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Started with a rough guess (favourite adult weight). Changed (downwards) with experimentation, reassessment and adjustment. Hit a point where maintaining was becoming harder than it should be for sustainability and enjoyment of my food.

Continues to change with physique changes and goal changes. I added some muscle and came back up from my lowest weight but still under my initial goal weight.
    It's now going to go back down again as I have a big cycling event in September that I'm targeting for a Century PR.

I think of maintenance as a sine wave rather than a flat line, apart from specific goals I'm also heavier in winter/lighter in summer.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    When I can run a 10k in under and hour, do two 90° push-ups and 20 pull-ups back to back - that'll be my happy place, regardless of what I weigh. For me, it's about being in great shape, not so much the number on the scale.

FYI, I finally ran a 5k (took me 40 minutes, but I ran it), can hold in the planch position for 30 seconds, and am 15lbs away from doing 1 unassisted pull-up.