Any Vegetarians/Vegans here?

Options
124»

Replies

• cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian for more then 20 years. Feel free to add me as a friend. It's always nice to meet other vegetarians and vegans.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    So I think me being a pescetarian is a contagious thing in my family. lol My parents are cutting their meat intake, they bought tons of veggie burgers and different types of meat substitutes plus veggies and fruit.
  • emily_ylime597
    Options
    i'm a pescetarian as well! cut out red meat, pork, and birds 4-5 years ago and have not looked back. interestingly enough, i used to LOATHE seafood, but i guess when my body craved protein i learned to love fish. i try my best to buy/eat sustainably raised fish whenever possible, and failing that, i just go for the veggies :) i just recently received "the conscious cook" cookbook as a birthday gift and now am planning on trying out a vegan diet once or twice a week and see how i do. great to see all you veggies on here!
  • fieldfare
    Options
    New vegan here, was veggie for about nine years then went dairy-free a couple of months ago. Surprised I'm not missing cheese more - not that bothered about the vegan alternatives, they're a bit expensive for me to buy on a regular basis anyway.

Great to see so many veggies and vegans on this site!
  • Jayfitness27
    Options
    I am also a new to the vegitarian ranks although i personally cut out even fish, but I am considering whether or not to actually go full pescotarian or just be a vegan in its entirety, i just dont know about all the pills id have to take for the vitamins I would be lacking, then again I try and try everyday to educate myself but I am still lost on what I can and can not do. I dont want to be a meat eater but i also dont want to sacrifice my foundation that i put on or to not wear wool. I am a vegan when I cook, but how far is too far. I introduced myself with the dilemma on this issue.

the thread;'s name is : "Starting a new life"

I just joined this site myself, but I can proudly say I am a vegan, I just have so many questions so any help is greatly appreciated.
  • weelee87
    weelee87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hey everyone,

I was vegan for 3 years but now just following a veggi diet :) finding my love for eggs again :) for the person above asking about vitamin pills in the vegan diet, its not necessary as long as you have plenty of time to plan a well balanced diet. As I work crazy shifts in a hospital I began to find it really difficult to include everything necessary for a healthy vegan diet. I find being veggi that little bit easier. Cop-out maybe and i do feel bad for giving it up, but i love eggs now :) i'm doing my best for me, the planet and the animals :)

Needing to lose around a stone and a half and wanting to get really healthy again. I've not been properly fit since I was at school but determined to do it now!! Feel free to add me anyone. :)

Lee xxx
  • kippit
    kippit Posts: 78
    Options
    I am a vegan!