Exercise for fun, health and happy hormones - Nutrition for weight management

Options
Vgetskinny
Vgetskinny Posts: 28 Member
Heard that one today from a health coach and I really like that!

...Exercise for fun, health and happy hormones - Nutrition for weight management.

She said once she realized these two are separate and are both super important on their own, it changed how she thought about all of this. I think that might be helpful advice for me, so I am sharing with YOU!
:)

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I had a similar DM conversation with a trainer/nutritionist last year who had a very similar message. It really changed my perspective and I've seen better results since changing my philosophies.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Yes, there seem to be a lot of posts lately of, "I'm exercising everyday, but can't lose weight". No info on their eating habits, as though they don't realize that its the most important part of the equation....
  • Vgetskinny
    Vgetskinny Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    And consistency is always a huge challenge for me. I am doing a great job on my nutrition right now because I am inspired. And I am going this evening back to Jazzercise classes which I love for the fun, and the benefits of flexibility, strength, and cardio...but mostly because it's fun. Now...if I can just stay consistent!! I have alarms set on my cell phone and computer at work, which helps me remember to drink water and have protein and fiber mini-meals. Otherwise, I am forgetful which increases my inconsistency. Oh! A squirrel!! :#
  • Iffiormana
    Iffiormana Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Vgetskinny wrote: »
    Heard that one today from a health coach and I really like that!

...Exercise for fun, health and happy hormones - Nutrition for weight management.

She said once she realized these two are separate and are both super important on their own, it changed how she thought about all of this. I think that might be helpful advice for me, so I am sharing with YOU!
    :)

Hormones are always at their best when we are at our healthy weight.I couldn’t conceive for 2years then my dr told me to loose weight and after loosing like 10kgs I conceived on my own without any medications.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    rvaugh07 wrote: »
    I don't exercise for weight management, I exercise for food. I exercise for the calories and not ashamed of it ;)

Same here lol. I went on a 10 mile walk yesterday because I had been craving stromboli but new I'd over eat my calorie allowance. Went for a 10 mile walk, gave me an extra 1200 calories to work with, I think I ended up with an extra 600 calories after my indulging on my stromboli. Joked with hubby that I needed a shirt that says I walk for stromboli.

I dont mind walking, but I'd rather relax. But I want and need to lose the weight for the sake of my health, so I'm eating low calories and if I want more then I get out and earn them.

There's shirts that say "Will run for food" and "I run because I love pizza". There are also sites where you can custom design t-shirts.... So, you can make workout shirts that say "Will exercise for stromboli".
  • JoAnna4731
    JoAnna4731 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    This is the philosophy I have taken this time around, and it really has been life changing. For the first time in my 15 years of doing exercising videos, tomorrow I will complete an official six week rotation of one of my favorite instructor's videos. I have never had the ability in the past to complete a rotation because I was doing it for the wrong reasons. Now I only use instructors that I enjoy, and I do it because it is making me stronger. Life lessons!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!