Women with Pixie Cuts

Options
2»

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Some men like long hair, some like short. What do YOU like? It's your hair. Hair length has nothing to do with sexual orientation. If people are really questioning yours then they have too much time on their hands and it's none of their business. It sounds like you feel insecure about it. I don't spend too much energy caring about what other people think of me, outside of the people who know me and care about me. I'd rather be true to myself and find someone who appreciates that. I admit that It took me until my mid 40's to cut my hair really short. I'm sorry I didn't do it earlier. It's a much more edgy look that fits with my style. The cut did wonders for my eyes and I bought more earrings. I rock the *kitten* out of hot dresses now. And, yes, I get compliments but I'm not looking for them because I'm happily married. My husband likes my hair shorter so win/win.

Donating your hair was a nice thing to do!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I think pixie cuts are awesome, but not on everyone. I don't think it would look good on me - I have an angular face and long hair softens it (I think)
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    >:) I like pixie cuts - it's easier to get to the neck
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Who cares what men prefer?
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I do think it also depends on what part of the country in which you live. When I was in the southern Midwest, people would assume I was a lesbian and a few kids asked if I was a boy or a girl. When I moved to a more progressive part of the country, a lot more women (straight women) had short hair, and no one even looked twice.

I wear my hair short because it's very thick and heavy, way too hard to control, and was wearing my scalp down with its weight. I could not give a crap what anyone thinks of it because they don't pay my bills and they don't have to take care of it.
  • deboben46
    deboben46 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I prefer my hair short - it's baby fine and looks limp if I grow it out. My husband rarely comments on my hair but if it gets too long he asks, "Are you going to cut your hair short again?" I don't like to mess with it too much unless I want to make it spiky. If someone needs to look at my hair to determine my sex, they have a problem, not me, and I don't care.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    When I had my pixi cut my brother constantly called me a homosexual slur. I only remember one guy even mentioning it but he thought it was some new venture I guess. Wow, I've never dated a girl with short hair! Don't leave that comfort zone often? A lot more people complimented my head shape and told me that they could never pull that off. I'm from the south and the vast majority of guys from my area prefer their women with long hair but do what you want anyways.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I've never considered what men think. I love my pixie cuts. I guess my husband just likes me happy.
  • tararose777
    tararose777 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I find men in general prefer long hair but the question is are you trying to attract men in general, or one awesome guy who loves you and will think you look gorgeous no matter what?💕

I shaved my head in college and a lot of normal men ignored me or thought I was gay. But I had a boyfriend who actually preferred short hair on women. He loved women who were really strong, cool, confident and bad-A. Or sort of innocent and pixie like. So short hair represented that to him. In a way he really respected women and loved their strength. He was loyal and devoted and loved me without a condition that I had to act or look a certain way. I felt bad for the girls whose boyfriends had a wandering eye or told them to wear mini skirts etc.

In India it’s common for women to shave the head as part of a religious rite at temples - they give their hair as a gift to God. It’s really beautiful and when you see women there with shaved head or short hair, unless they are a nun, it’s often because of that. So there is a really sweet connotation of that look.

Long hair seems to have a biological advantage in terms of sex attraction- however if we base a relationship, which many of us do, on that initial sex attraction , it can be very fragile. If that person puts so much emphasis on the sex plane they may not be able to have a good relationship.

If the relationship has a spiritual basis (nothing to do with religion necessarily but with a soul connection and similarity of ideals) then it creates a more solid long term foundation. All the other elements , mental social emotional and physical , should line up too but alone they are not enough.

I only say this to illustrate a point about appearance and attraction . They are fleeting and not only that but they are deceiving.
    Someone who puts all the emphasis on looks will soon get bored.

I have been every hair color and found that men by far respond to blonde hair. It just triggers something and to be honest I find it annoying. Whenever I was blonde men would not leave me alone, called me honey and smiled at me a lot. It was kind of creepy tbh. As soon as I would go brunette , even on the same day with same outfit, they would leave me alone.
    They seemed to respect me more.
    And I met my husband and life soul mate as a brunette. He is the real deal and worth a bazillion of those other men.
    This doesn’t mean that a blonde has less of a chance of getting a good guy, just that I had to weed through all the men that liked me just because I was blonde (and you wouldn’t believe how many that was).
    Now I can go to Home Depot in peace!!!🤣🤣🤣

So enjoy your pixie while you have it!! I think you will attract perhaps less “quantity”, but more “quality” . And I would prefer that any day!
    Sorry to write a novel ! Hope my humble opinion helps in some way !!🙏🏽

• Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    😍😍😍😍😍

But a woman’s hair is her own damn business.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Mine's a bit longer than pixie right now, but I constantly grow it out, cut it super (pixie) short, repeat. I've done this since college and am 41 now. I find that people react to me MUCH differently depending on my hairstyle. The only time I've been taken for lesbian is when I used to wear hoodies (in my twenties) and honestly it was very flattering because I was hit on by some really cute ladies (I am straight and married).

Totally different guys hit on me when my hair is short vs. long and it's a different approach, even. In a Midwestern type of bar or at a party with a bunch of average dudes I get ZERO looks with a pixie and several people talk to me when my hair is shoulder length or longer. In a museum, cafe, art gallery in the city I'll get male and female attention when I have a pixie or similarly short cut, and completely ignored with a longer hairstyle.

As for me personally I really enjoy wearing girly clothes, skirts, and more jewelry when my hair is very short. Same with dramatic/different necklines...they are really the star when you have shorter hair. The longer my hair gets the more I personally feel like a try hard especially when I have on a dress and several accessory items. I never think this about other ladies (unless they're way over the top with sky high heels, a fedora, 20 necklaces, and petticoats under their dress LOL) but for me personally I just feel like I came from church when I have on a maxi dress and long hair. The same dress with a pixie cut and sandals feels stylish for me.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I used to have long, thick curly hair similar to Tracee Ellis Ross. It was my “trade mark” so to speak, because I used to wear it in a big curly afro. I would get lots of compliments on it. Mainly from other woman. I cut it extremely short about a year ago and I honestly haven’t noticed a difference in attention or lack thereof from men. I never really thought about it or cared tbh *shrugs*. I no longer care about male validation.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I used to have long, thick curly hair similar to Tracee Ellis Ross. It was my “trade mark” so to speak, because I used to wear it in a big curly afro. I would get lots of compliments on it. Mainly from other woman. I cut it extremely short about a year ago and I honestly haven’t noticed a difference in attention or lack thereof from men. I never really thought about it or cared tbh *shrugs*. I no longer care about male validation.

I think it's awesome not to care about male validation. But I gotta say, when I was younger and single, I honestly felt like my short hair helped me to weed out the kind of super traditional dudes who would only like women with long hair. I was seeking men who were non-religious, never wanted to have kids, and didn't expect me to take on all of the traditional female roles in a relationship. It helped!
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    This is my hair right now:

9lx5lcvxqbwq.jpeg

Who gives a toss what men think or what people assume?

I love your head. I want to rub it. You can rub mine too
    wsr5j3ueoxx8.jpeg
  • deeblues13
    deeblues13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love short hair iv had mid back hair before and had in cut into a pixie it was ok but i found it alot of upkeep as my hair is thick the bedhead was alot to sort out in the morning lol it was a nightmare to grow out so many awkwatd stages in between it was bra length again after a few years but ive recently had it cut into a long bob as i had alot of colour damage and i dont think i will go shorter than this again as i like to be able to throw it up if needed and yh certain guys dont like short hair but who cares
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options

I think it's awesome not to care about male validation. But I gotta say, when I was younger and single, I honestly felt like my short hair helped me to weed out the kind of super traditional dudes who would only like women with long hair. I was seeking men who were non-religious, never wanted to have kids, and didn't expect me to take on all of the traditional female roles in a relationship. It helped!

This is interesting! It would be nice to find a guy like that.
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    My preference is longer hair on a woman. Having said that, I think all women are beautiful. Pixie cuts, stretch marks, freckles... those are battle scars and beauty marks. It is her business if she wants it short. Some women, like my wife, get a pixie cut once every few years and donates it to Locks of Love. Now how as a husband/man and I going to be mad at that?
  • googtoyou
    googtoyou Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’ve kept my hair short for years with the occasional grow out to donate it. I have an angular face and love that short hair highlights it. I’m also more likely to wear bold statement jewelry, dresses, or makeup with short hair because I feel more confident in myself.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I LOVE short hair. Throughout all of my childhood/adolescence/early 20s I always had super long hair. I was also “known” for my long wavy hair. I chopped it all off in my mid 20s and haven’t grown it long since. I’d love to try a pixie cut one day, but haven’t gone that short yet. Short hair, IMO, is just so much less maintenance and so much more fun to dress up with accessories i.e. earrings, necklaces, hats, fun necklines etc (like others have mentioned upthread).

This is like a 2 year old topic, but I had to jump in and throw my support to team short hair lol!