Friends wanted please

Options
Hi,

I've been using MFP for about three weeks (on and off) and I'm using my iPhone most of the time to check in my calories and exercise. It would be great to have some friends to chat to along the way so if you are interested please add me as a friend.

A bit about me... 25, full time Marketing Manger, puppy called Olly, really lovely boyfriend, no real excuse to be the weight I am! I've been going to the gym again for acould of weeks and I have also recently (very recently) given up smoking.

Thanks!

Michelle

Replies

• ladybug813
    Options
    hi Michelle I've been on mfp for a couple of weeks too. I gave up smoking 9 months ago and have never felt better I really cant even stand to be around it now. I could also use some more friends and support feel free to add me.
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    Hi Michelle, well done on quitting smoking - I quit 7 years ago!

I'm always up for some new friends so add me :)
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have recently quit smoking myself! Today is day 5! Good job!!! Feel free to friend me!
  • freddyrussell
    freddyrussell Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I recently quit smoking as well (June) best thing I think i've ever done, exercising is sooo much easier because of it! Feel free to friend me also :)
  • alexsgal
    alexsgal Posts: 35
    Options
    i gave up smoking on feb 22 of this year after 8 years of it. cold turkey and yay me! and now the smell of it sickness me:sick:
  • fitsize12
    Options
    Hi Michelle
    I signed up for mfp ~ 7 months ago. I did use my android to update info which is helpful but gave the whole thing up after a few weeks. Shame because I probably weigh more now than I did then so... this time around I would like to see if having a few fitness pals will be the added incentive to stay on track.

I have a couple of dogs, border collie cross, which is great as they are probably the only exercise I get. Do hope you are enjoying your pup and staying of the smokes. It would be good to hear how you are getting on.
  • BekJ
    BekJ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrat on the quitting smoking... I quit 9 years ago (after numerous attempts!!!) and have never looked back...

I've sent you a friend request...
  • mmildice
    mmildice Posts: 63
    Options
    Ive been on here for about a year and have lost 57 pounds!! Feel free to add me :)
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Welcome. As a former smoker, I think it is my duty to pass on a link to you for a website that *really* helped me. Tons of really useful (free) info. I've been smoke-free since April 6, 2008. I give this website (and Joel, the man behind it all), all the credit.
    All the best in your journey!

www.whyquit.com <--great website.
    http://www.whyquit.com/joel/#book <-- Download his free E-book "Never Take Another Puff" here: (a real eye-opener)
  • lwilso65
    lwilso65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Michelle!

I've been on here for about 3 or 4 months and i'm starting to fall behind again!! I could do with a boost aswell lol. I'll add you and well done for quitting smoking!
  • Erain7
    Erain7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle. Welcome to MFP. I have been a few months and love the site. Congrats on quitting smoking. Great accomplishment! I'm always open to new, positive friends. I'll add you. :smile:
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    congrats on taking ownership of your well being. sometimes we have to say to ourselves i'm not happy with my weight etc... and do something about it. I commend you for that. the community here is awesome. don't be afraid to ask question on diet, exercise food options also. best of luck to you on your journey, we are happy to have you join us.
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I've been on this a few months now and after a rough weigh-in today have decided I need to reach out and get some more support! Feel free to add me as well (that goes for everyone else too)!
  • LoMadd0406
    LoMadd0406 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle, Good job on quitting smoking! I quit recently too......May 5th and haven't looked back since! Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for more friends:):)
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    Hi Michelle. Congratulations on quitting smoking! I think it's one of the hardest things to do for sure. If you can do that, you can do pretty much anything! Feel free to friend me. Good luck and keep up the great work!

Tammy
  • baleines1
    Options
    I've quit smoking 6 months ago and I agree never felt better ;).
  • xtroidanarymachine
    Options
    Hola! I just joined this site yesterday, and am kind of annoyed I didn't know about it earlier! It's great! I am a 32 year old nurse, mom of 2, with a husband who loves to snack. Not that that's any kind of excuse...I don't have any excuse to be the size that I am either... I am an x pack a day smoker, and am now down to 1 cigarette every few days. I feel like if I quite all together I'll just gain more weight! Ugh... Anyways good luck on your healthy endeavors! Add me if you want =)
  • redalphababe
    Options
    Hi

I gave up smoking on December 22nd 2010 and feel much better and have been doing MFP for about a month now as a the next step to taking myself in hand. Feel so much better for not smoking and now I don't have to do those terrible windswept rain lashing cigarettes either - freedom :smile:
  • JS295
    JS295 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yay for quitting smoking! I smoked for 10 years and quitting was one of the hardest things I have done. Feel free to add me!