Unexplained weekend weight gain

Options
Anyone else have this? I weigh myself every day, I still calorie count on a weekend and have a deficit - but every weekend I gain about 3lb.

I know it's probably water weight but it is disheartening and I don't know why it only happens at a weekend - anyone else have this 'problem'?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,475 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's water weight if you lose it again in the coming days . Maybe you're less active or eat more salt. This all causes water retention.

In my case, my weight always goes up Tuesday to Saturday, and then down again. Office worker, and either very active on weekends, or I curl up on the sofa with my legs up.

Nothing to worry about.
  • Lesley2603
    Lesley2603 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I always gain over the weekend, it drops off quickly. I am less active over the weekends, no gym time. Have to live 😀
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Do you go out to eat on the weekends? Higher carb/sodium intake will cause water retention.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,018 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise more on the weekends?
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    thank you very much. I probably do exercise more, and I do sometimes have a couple of drinks at a weekend. Thanks for the hot weather link, I was wondering about that earlier actually!