Who's into Juicing?

Options
I have been for a few months and always looking for new ideas and juicing friends! Send me a request with JUICING in the note section :)

Replies

• totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I do a little juicing. I like the green juice (kale, spinach, apple, ginger root...etc) That is really the only juicing I do. I haven't tried anything new, but I do it pretty often for a snack or meal.
  • BlissfulYoga
    BlissfulYoga Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I really have to get into juicing more with ginger! I always seem to forget :(
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    what does it taste like? Does the ginger cover the kale taste or do you like kale??I wanna try, but it puts me off a little. How do you make it palatable
  • nmalany
    nmalany Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What kind of juicers do you use? I'm thinking of buying one but there are so many!!!
  • ladybug11
    ladybug11 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My favorite is tomato, bell pepper, carrots, celery, cilantro, then add a shot of Tabasco (or other hot sauce). It's delicious, like a V-8 without all the preservatives and sodium.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I used to be into juicing years ago when I was in my 20's. I would love to get back into it. Thanks for posting this. I have a book called Juicing for Health by Julie Stafford. Are there any other juicing books out there that are really good?

Also, I need to purchase a new juicer. Any suggestions on a good one that is reasonably priced?
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My favorite is tomato, bell pepper, carrots, celery, cilantro, then add a shot of Tabasco (or other hot sauce). It's delicious, like a V-8 without all the preservatives and sodium.

That sounds delish! I love V-8 but try not to drink it a lot due to all the sodium and other preservatives. I am going to have to try your recipe! I have tomatoes, peppers and cilantro growing in my garden!
  • BlissfulYoga
    BlissfulYoga Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have a Jack LaLanne Juicer :)
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have the innocent smoothie books (not sure if this is just a UK thing) but they have some really nice recipes, mostly fruit, but some vegetable ones, and even some with a little smidgen of alcohol in!

I did a really nice one last week - watermelon, strawberry and basil poured over crushed ice!

My juicer is a Moulinex and it's great - it swallows apples whole!