Extremely slow process

Options
Been at it since more than 10 weeks and only 8 pounds to show for it. And i have some 35 more to lose to get into normal weight range.
Working out: cardio plus strength. Eating at moderate deficit.
Cutting even a little more makes me hungry and that has led to failure multiple times in past.
Just thinking about how long it is going to take is making me impatient and scared that i might give up. And giving up is not a choice i have.
Extremely annoyed at the process being so excruciatingly slow.

Replies

• dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'd say work on acceptance more than changing anything else. It IS a slow process. We all want to shed weight quickly and then we're surprised when we learn how slowly it actually happens. I've had to learn that in order to stick with it I have to eat more and lose at a slower rate. I'll still get there. It'll just take a little longer.
    I'd say you're moving along at a good rate. Just keep going, focus on positive NSVs, and take measurements.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    That isn't bad at all, it's still on the road to success.

I know there are posters here who loose much faster but that isn't for everyone.

I find I need to eat MORE so I look for foods that have the more bang for my caloric buck. it helps keep me full. i fill up on veggies (still counting). There may be ways to tweak what you eat so you don't feel as hungry.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Been at it since more than 10 weeks and only 8 pounds to show for it. And i have some 35 more to lose to get into normal weight range.
    Working out: cardio plus strength. Eating at moderate deficit.
    Cutting even a little more makes me hungry and that has led to failure multiple times in past.
    Just thinking about how long it is going to take is making me impatient and scared that i might give up. And giving up is not a choice i have.
    Extremely annoyed at the process being so excruciatingly slow.

I think you're right on track. You mentioned impatience and giving up - it's a choice. Quick results yield unwanted side effects; slow progress requires patience, but can significantly decrease your chances of experiencing unwanted side effects. Choose what works best for you (hint: the correct answer is "slow progress") ;)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Set mini goals in a variety of areas : scales, recipes, nutrition, fitness, mental, etc.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    You could always go to HealthyWage and bet against yourself? An additional reason to stick to it.