The last 16(ish) pounds! A little about me!

LauraSrock18
LauraSrock18 Posts: 125 Member
edited July 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey y’all!
My name is Laura, I’m 24, 5’6, and 176lbs! I decided to post a little something about myself and my dieting history in order to possibly help encourage someone & to help me be accountable in this awesome community!

Throughout my life, I have ALWAYS struggled with my weight. I was obese as a child and was constantly teased. At 13 years old, I joined a gym which started my passion and love for fitness. My weight was up and down for many years where I would restrict and then binge. It was a constant vicious cycle. I got down to my lowest weight in 2015 right before I turned 21. I was working out 2 times a day and avoiding social events in order to not be tempted by food. After turning 21 my weight just kept going up, between the alcohol, late night snacks, and no motivation I gained approximately 10-15 lbs. I lost about 5 of those pounds while traveling to Tennessee where I met my now fiancé.

In 2016, I moved 2,000 to Tennessee to move in with my fiancé. Being happy & in love I gained weight & reached my highest weight of 197lbs. I knew I had to change something, so I joined Weight Watchers December 2, 2016. Throughout my 9 months on WW I lost around 30lbs and got down to 167lbs. Although I was very small, I was still unhappy. I get extremely restricted (this was before the new program), thought the number on the scale meant everything, and had numerous binges. I felt so obsessed with food & food became my enemy. I became so obsessive my family expressed concern & I decided to quit WW and counting calories on MFP. I bounced between 167-171lbs but I believe the increase of calories MFP allowed had something to do with my body going in shock (I counted my WW days several times & averaged 1,100-1,200 calories on WW) MFP allowed me 1,600-1,700. Tired of the scale not moving & overthinking my journey, I decided to try a “diet break” and do “intuitive eating”

Between November 2017-February 2018 I tried to practice intuitive eating. I used it as an excuse to binge and gained 15lbs brining me back to 185. I then hired a coach & got down to 176. I decided to take this journey on by myself and see what works best for me & my lifestyle. I was unhappy with my macros, started hating food again, and felt resentful and like I wasn’t eating enough. (eating around 1,400)

I’ve since been following MFP’s recommended calorie & macro numbers & feel AMAZING! I feel so free & that I have the wiggle room to eat what I want and still remain in a deficit/working towards my goal. I’m at 176lbs & my goal weight is 160lbs for now. I’m getting married in September & I’m not stressing about being a certain number on that day, I’m going to soak it in and enjoy the best day of my life NOT thinking about food or the scale. I am trying to be patient with myself & realize I will reach my goal eventually!

Here is my current before/after! Ironic I’m holding a “before” sign in my “after” picture 😂Can’t wait to see where my journey takes me!
Any advice for those pesky last 15 lbs?!

gxkyyik4gpav.jpeg

Replies

• LauraSrock18
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Well, for starters, you’re beautiful and have the most amazing hair EVER! Besides that, you have a great attitude. And yes, patience and persistence is what is going to get you there.

The last 10 has been a struggle for me, I hit my goal in April, but keep bouncing up and down. Getting there is one thing, staying is another. It’ll happen. Adding ALOT more fruits and veggies to my diet helped.

I realize you didn’t ask for this advice, but here it is anyway: If you don’t already cook together, learn a handful of great meals that are fun, healthy and that you both enjoy. The two traps I encountered when getting married (and in love eating) were eating out much too frequently - which usually involved wine. And 2) cooking elaborate high calorie meals, then dividing them in two and eating as much as hubs. Those two things got me to 220, two and a half years later I’m at 130 and feeling great (goal 121).

Thank you so much for that wonderful advice,
    I really appreciate it! We recently started cooking together more frequently and I love it! I’m looking for different recipes so we don’t get bored of our “go tos” I try not to get down on myself & beat myself up for taking a whole year to lose 15lbs!😭
  • You're absolutely stunning. You will make a beautiful bride! My goal is to lose 45 lbs by my birthday in September. I'm ready to move on with my life as far as dating goes and be a great example for my kid. Feel free to add me.
  • walking2running
    walking2running Posts: 140 Member
    Hi Laura! I'm around your weight, two inches shorter, but with a history of obesity as a child as well. My weight has ping-ponged throughout my adult life, but I am trying to make a permanent change this time. Good luck in your journey and here's to 160!
  • LauraSrock18
    You're absolutely stunning. You will make a beautiful bride! My goal is to lose 45 lbs by my birthday in September. I'm ready to move on with my life as far as dating goes and be a great example for my kid. Feel free to add me.

Oh my gosh, thank you for your kind words! 😭 that’s so awesome! What a great example to set!♥️
  • LauraSrock18
    Hi Laura! I'm around your weight, two inches shorter, but with a history of obesity as a child as well. My weight has ping-ponged throughout my adult life, but I am trying to make a permanent change this time. Good luck in your journey and here's to 160!

Thank you so much girl! We’re in this together! Good luck to you♥️
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Great job! You look beautiful and have such a positive spirit.