help! Lost my motivation.

Options
I've been working out everyday and staying on track for 7 years. In march we started house hunting and I would skip a day here and there. Then summer came and there was other things to do and I totally lost it! I went from needing to exercise every day to having to force myself to get in one day. I gained 10lbs and to me it looks and feels like more. Now that it's getting cooler I don't know how bad my jeans are going to fit. I know I've lost muscle and I need to be re-motivated. Help! I need a push! :sad:

6335455.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Try the jeans on. That will be your motivation. Don't wait do it now.
  • wildone31
    Options
    Try the jeans on. That will be your motivation. Don't wait do it now.

Yup, for sure, this will work. Try one your favs and then the ones you step out on the town in. Also try and find a fun program that you can do. Maybe a dvd. I love the funny, give it to you straight trainers, like Billy Blanks (plus I think he is a work of art...yum) I just started the Butt bible by Pauline Nordin and she will make you laugh! Vilolet Zaki is good too, she has a really nice and gental tone to her style of motivating.

Plus 10lbs can easily be water weight. Don't panic or beat yourself up. Just get back to the business of taking care of you.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Don't Panic! Just get back into it! You've done amazing for years and this is just a small setback. Try to find some new exercise routine that is different and interesting to re-spark your interest....ever tried biking or running or rowing or zumba or a different type of workout class? Maybe you just need to experience something new as far as exercise. Also, I agree about trying on those jeans now. It might be a bit depressing but it may just show you what goals you need to set for yourself to lose those 10lbs that crept back on. You've got this!!