Ideas for exercise while on vacation

Options
Hi All-We are going on vacation for four days and there is no gym at the hotel. Boo.

Any good fitness ideas that I can do on my own (indoors or outdoors). I obviously can not pack weights!

Right now- I can only think of running but I can't do that for four days straight.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Power walking, push ups, sit ups, alternating or walking lunges across the room, jumping jacks, etc. I'd just write down 4-6 exercised to do, like the ones listed, and then do 3 reps of 20 or 30 each plus a walk/run every other day.
  • duddes02
    duddes02 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Are there any instructional videos you can recommend?
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of body weight exercises that you can do just about anywhere. You can google at home workout for several ideas but here are a few off the top of my head:

Push-ups, squats, tricep dips (just need a chair or low table), leg lifts (several positions), sit-ups, plank

You could even do some low weight high rep bicep curls, shoulder presses and the like with your hair dryer or shampoo bottle.
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    do yo have the bands? they are light to carry and you can feel like you have weights? is there a DVD player in the hotel room? maybe a fun cardio or Ab video?
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I downloaded a free DVD player on my laptop and take my exercise DVDs along with me whenever we travel. Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and her 6 wk 6 pack require no equipment (although weights are optional in workout 1 of the 6 wk/6 pk, nor do any of the Insanity workouts. You also don't need much floor space for these DVDs.
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Do you have a laptop? Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is available online for free. Don't use weights or find something (shampoo bottles) that's lying around. Here is the link, just wait 45 seconds and click on "regular download"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V04V4SX7
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Most of what has been suggested does not sound fun for a holiday!!!! L)

depends on where you are going really. One of my favourite things to do and many European cities you can do this as well as country places, is hire a bicycle and see the sights on a bicycle. Lots of fun , you could pack a lunch and do that all day.
    Swimming if you are near a beach or pool
    hiking (as opposed to strolling!)
    Just I guess in stead of concentrating on eating and drinking on your holiday look for the active fun to be offered whereever you are, even if its trying a new sport or something. Kayaking is anotehr good one, at the beach or river or lake.
    Exercise does not have to be actual workout plans and things the important thing is keeping an eye on your portions, your alcohol intake and keeping active.
  • duddes02
    duddes02 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We are going on a beach vacation-more sitting than walking!

I am not going to bring my laptop but I will have my iphone. I will download Jillian Michaels videos before I go! Great ideas.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    There are a whole bunch of free and not free apps with workout routines.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I have fitness Express and Nike Training app. There both great!
  • taraatwood
    Options
    Good Idea!