B210K - Anyone doing this?

Options
Hi there, I'm a C25K graduate, about to start on week two of Bridge to 10K. Anyone else doing this?? How are you finding it? I actually found week one quite tough in comparison to the last few weeks of C25K - I'd assumed the intervals would be a bit easier than running 30-40mins straight, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Would love some company on my B210K journey!!

Replies

• sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I found the same! I did week 1, day 1 and found it quite hard to stop and start again. I do plan to carry on with the programme, but I think I will be doing it very gradually rather than three times a week (mixed in with some 30 min runs when that is all that time allows).
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mapryan
    mapryan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm at Week 4 Day 2. Like you, I found week 1 really hard.

Key thing I've found is that stretches are much more important with the B210K than they were on the C25K. Also, B25K is actually the reason I'm here. It occurred to me that running for an hour would be a hell of a lot easier if I was carrying 3 or 4 kilos less!

Mike
  • BobsySpud
    BobsySpud Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing this with my Sister-in-Law, and we both found W1/D1 so hard that we gave up after the third running interval. I almost did the same at our second attempt, but pushed on through the discomfort and managed to complete it. Thankfully, days 2 and 3 got a little bit easier each time. I'm hoping that week two will be easier as, despite the intervals being 15mins instead of 10mins, there are only three of them!! We'll probably take our time with this programme, although would like to complete it whilst we still have lighter evenings, as we run in the forest!!
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    I'm on week 2. I also did the c25k program. I find b210k a lot more difficult. I am super impressed that I am running over 5 miles because of it though.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I'm starting it next week, Aug 22. I'm doing a 10K in October and I can't wait!
  • KEShikes
    KEShikes Posts: 110
    Options
    When I started to feel that C25K was reasonable, I began to double the workouts...that's still easier than B210K, I think, so you might try that for a while.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Week 1 was so hard for me when I thought it was going to be easy - that one minute break messed me up...who would have thought?

I'm happy to say that I'm so proud that I finished W2D2 today. I love seeing that my mileage is going up and I've taken what I've learned from C25K with me (like when I really want to stop, I slow it down a little, but don't stop).

Happy to be running buddies with all you B210K-ers!
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I just did W2D1 today of B210K and like everybody else that first week was hard. It also doesn't help that I've been doing on the treadmill because of the heat we've been having. But I did get to do one day last week outside and I found that a lot better at least for me it was.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I'm a few days in. But while I've run every day, and often well over the time for the particular days, I haven't done the program every day.
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BobsySpud
    Options
    Glad to see there's a few of us doing this. We did W2/D1 last night and I think I've found my new secret weapon! Audio Books! I normally listen to music when I'm running but decided to investigate audio books instead, seeing as our workouts are now approaching an hour with warm up and cool down walks. Well, I downloaded a book to my android phone and it's brilliant! I was so focused on the story that I barely noticed I was running! i found this session a LOT easier than week one - so I dont know if thats due to the fewer but longer intervals or the audio book. i suspect its a mixture of both. Can you believe we'll actually be capable of running 10k in just a few weeks time!!!!!!!
  • BobsySpud
    Options
    Oops - duplicate pot
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, interesting idea - maybe I'll download a book! Thanks.
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    Glad to see there's a few of us doing this. We did W2/D1 last night and I think I've found my new secret weapon! Audio Books! I normally listen to music when I'm running but decided to investigate audio books instead, seeing as our workouts are now approaching an hour with warm up and cool down walks. Well, I downloaded a book to my android phone and it's brilliant! I was so focused on the story that I barely noticed I was running! i found this session a LOT easier than week one - so I dont know if thats due to the fewer but longer intervals or the audio book. i suspect its a mixture of both. Can you believe we'll actually be capable of running 10k in just a few weeks time!!!!!!!

I did that for a while on c25k, but never made it through a full book before it expired. What site are you using for audio books? I was doing it free through the library.
  • mapryan
    mapryan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Week 1 was so hard for me when I thought it was going to be easy - that one minute break messed me up...who would have thought?

I'm happy to say that I'm so proud that I finished W2D2 today. I love seeing that my mileage is going up and I've taken what I've learned from C25K with me (like when I really want to stop, I slow it down a little, but don't stop).

Happy to be running buddies with all you B210K-ers!

This is exactly what it's been like for me. In fact, on Saturday I was on W4D2 and found myself slowing down to take a rest. I also always remember to try and relax as much as possible.

Good luck everyone. I can't believe I'm almost running 10k!
  • BobsySpud
    Options

I did that for a while on c25k, but never made it through a full book before it expired. What site are you using for audio books? I was doing it free through the library.

Jen, I'm using Audible.co.uk, which is part of Amazon. They were offering a one month free trial, so I thought I'd take advantage of that to see if audio books would work for me. There's a US version too: http://www.amazon.com/gp/audible/signup/display.html/ref=sa_menu_aud_mem6
  • BobsySpud
    Options
    I'm now on Week 4 of B210K and still loving it. Went off plan slightly at the weekend, as my usual running partner is away on holiday, so we'll be back on schedule when she returns. On Saturday, I decided to carry on with Week 4/Day 1 (18min run/1min walk x 3), but had to give up after the second running interval due to stomach cramps. I was so disappointed, that I repeated the run on Sunday evening. This time, I decided to run for as long as I could and actually managed to do 8km, in 63 minutes, with just the one 1 minute walk half way through! Yay!!!!! It's given me a real boost and I no longer feel threatened by the rest of B210k! Three weeks left to go and I've already proved I can run for 60 minutes - just need to increase the distance!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I've found now that I can run longer distances, I really do not like the intervals of stopping and starting. I downloaded the half marathon app, and am doing that instead. No intervals, and it starts out at three mile runs.
  • BobsySpud
    Options
    I've found now that I can run longer distances, I really do not like the intervals of stopping and starting. I downloaded the half marathon app, and am doing that instead. No intervals, and it starts out at three mile runs.

I know exactly what you mean - I've noticed how much harder it is to get going again after the one minute walks - I actually found Sundays long run a lot easier to handle. Plus, I think I had a change in attitude too - rather than thinking 'only 5 more minutes to go until my walk' I was thinking 'I can have a walk when I need it, if I need it, lets just keep going until that point'! Turns out I didn't 'need' the walk after all!

The half marathon training sounds a little daunting - I can only really commit to three sessions per week - I'd need more than that for half marathon though!