Keto / Intermittent Fasting friends

Options

Replies

• lhebert1969
    lhebert1969 Posts: 63 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi..I've been doing Keto/low carb for about 2 months now..Lost 19 lbs so far..still new to this site, so not sure how to add people as friends..it only gives me the option to message or ignore..so if you'd like to add me..I'll accept.. :smile:
  • ttiffanytxx
    ttiffanytxx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Definitely added you!
  • cordovalalo15
    cordovalalo15 Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I’ve been doing a keto lifestyle for 5 months now and I have been throwing in a couple weeks of IF in there and it’s the best I think! Good luck in your journey!
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I’ve been following a keto diet plan for years. Feel free to add me!
  • Hazel0096
    Hazel0096 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am new to keto. So far I am really liking it. I am finding myself eating more cheese than I normally would. I am LOVING not counting calories, all I am paying attention to is that my net carbs are under 20g per day.

I was thinking about watermelon on my way to work today though and thinking that it is such a hot day, juicy crunchy watermelon would be amazing. I haven't even looked to see what the carb levels are for that though. I assume they are pretty high as far as fruit goes.

Give me all your tips and friend me!
  • Hazel0096
    Options
    Hi..I've been doing Keto/low carb for about 2 months now..Lost 19 lbs so far..still new to this site, so not sure how to add people as friends..it only gives me the option to message or ignore..so if you'd like to add me..I'll accept.. :smile:

Me too!

• Rich_addict
    Rich_addict Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Keto and IF together is the best way for me to shed my BF, works faster than most diets though I don't think it's all that healthy for the long term
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hazel0096 wrote: »
    I am new to keto. So far I am really liking it. I am finding myself eating more cheese than I normally would. I am LOVING not counting calories, all I am paying attention to is that my net carbs are under 20g per day.

I was thinking about watermelon on my way to work today though and thinking that it is such a hot day, juicy crunchy watermelon would be amazing. I haven't even looked to see what the carb levels are for that though. I assume they are pretty high as far as fruit goes.

even with keto and IF you have to be in a deficit to lose weight. even if you dont count calories your body does. so you can still gain weight doing IF and keto. search for the keto/low carbers posts if you need more help or ideas
  • jeaninebyrom9707
    jeaninebyrom9707 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So happy with myself, had delicious chicken fajitas last night with iceberg lettuce as tortillas. Very satisfying. As predicted my partner brought out the peanut butter ice cream, I didn't have any. i just sat there feeling really smug! Feels good this morning for not cheating. Onwards and upwards
  • jeaninebyrom9707
    jeaninebyrom9707 Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    by the way i would not eat watermelon while trying to lose weight, it has too much sugar and carbs. Stick to a small amount of berries. I know its not what you want to hear, I love watermelon in the summer too! I am not an expert at all, just from experience as sugar is my gremlin!
  • Porcinette
    Porcinette Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you so mucj for your replies!!!! :)
  • Hazel0096
    Options

even with keto and IF you have to be in a deficit to lose weight. even if you dont count calories your body does. so you can still gain weight doing IF and keto. search for the keto/low carbers posts if you need more help or ideas

Yes, I do realize I still have to be in a deficit, and I am checking where my calories are at the end of the day, but I am not focused on that number. I am not worried about how many calories are in my food which is a huge change for my past dieting. I am finding that I am hitting right around 1000-1200 a day for calories which is really low. But with the extra fat and protein that I don't normally eat, I am not hungry so I'm ok with that level.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Yes, I do realize I still have to be in a deficit, and I am checking where my calories are at the end of the day, but I am not focused on that number. I am not worried about how many calories are in my food which is a huge change for my past dieting. I am finding that I am hitting right around 1000-1200 a day for calories which is really low. But with the extra fat and protein that I don't normally eat, I am not hungry so I'm ok with that level.

well thats good that you realize that,many people dont understand they still have to be in a deficit.. but also 1000-1200 calories may be too little for you. I dont know your stats or activity level so I cant say. but 1200 is the minimum for a very short,sedentary or elderly woman of a combo of the 3. unless you are what they call an outlier(this could be due to many things), I dont know what your past dieting was like and you dont have to share that either. but as long as you are properly fueling your body then all well and good.
  • dmbjewel71
    dmbjewel71 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Porcinette wrote: »
    Hello there!

I have been trying keto and IF for a couple of days now and I am loving it so far!

I would like to meet new keto/IF friends to share this journey with. Feel free to add me if you can relate I'd love to hear your experience and exchange recipes too!
    I am on keto and did great the first week but made no real headway in week two. It was like instant plateau! Do you think IF would make a difference.?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    edited June 2018
    Options
    dmbjewel71 wrote: »
    Porcinette wrote: »
    Hello there!

I have been trying keto and IF for a couple of days now and I am loving it so far!

I would like to meet new keto/IF friends to share this journey with. Feel free to add me if you can relate I'd love to hear your experience and exchange recipes too!
    I am on keto and did great the first week but made no real headway in week two. It was like instant plateau! Do you think IF would make a difference.?

no IF is just a time window in which you eat your calories. plateaus are 6-8 weeks of no loss. some week you lose ,some you gain and some you remain the same. weight loss isnt linear so give it time and see what happens
  • JIssenmann
    JIssenmann Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this site but I've been doing keto since Jan. 27, 2017. How do you like this app? I have been using cronometer and works awesome for the most part (some food I eat is not on the list)! I mean, we can set our profile as a ketogenic dieter but for some reason, I can't find it here. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'd like to connect with other keto er to exchange stories or whatnot...
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    JIssenmann wrote: »
    Hello, I am new to this site but I've been doing keto since Jan. 27, 2017. How do you like this app? I have been using cronometer and works awesome for the most part (some food I eat is not on the list)! I mean, we can set our profile as a ketogenic dieter but for some reason, I can't find it here. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'd like to connect with other keto er to exchange stories or whatnot...

you cant set your profile to what you are diet wise. but you can put it in your about me section. as for stories,and other ketoers look for posts on low carb/keto
  • creedonamber
    creedonamber Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the keto diet with IF since February 1 and I fell in love with it and lost 30 pounds so far however the last four weeks I have hit a plateau and I have not lost any weight, I am very discouraged at this point looking for some kind of tips to help me get past this I have tried everything that has been suggested I redid my macros I’m counting everything including calories and I’m still not losing weight , I even added a carb up day as suggested and still no results I found this website and thought maybe I would try something different...... any tips or suggestions????
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I have been doing the keto diet with IF since February 1 and I fell in love with it and lost 30 pounds so far however the last four weeks I have hit a plateau and I have not lost any weight, I am very discouraged at this point looking for some kind of tips to help me get past this I have tried everything that has been suggested I redid my macros I’m counting everything including calories and I’m still not losing weight , I even added a carb up day as suggested and still no results I found this website and thought maybe I would try something different...... any tips or suggestions????

a plateau is 6-8 weeks with no loss. upping your carbs will result in water weightand glycogen gain.how are you counting everything? are you using a food scale to weigh everything? its very easy to eat more than you think if not using a scale. are you close to that time of the month? if you havent lost anything in a month then I would say you are eating maintenance calories. are you eating the same amount of calories you were eating 30 lbs heavier? if so that could be one issue causing it.
  • aburrison1
    aburrison1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    myfitjrny wrote: »
    Same, I've been doing Keto / IF (primarily 24 hour fasts every day) I eat breakfast only, but sometimes if I'm really hungry or just craving something in the evening I'll eat a very small snack. As of today, I've lost 54 lbs with 26 left to meet my goal.

I am also starting one meal a day (OMAD). I have done it before and it works well. I have learned to stay hydrated. Cucumber water is a big help.