at how many lbs lost did you go down a size?

Options
13»

Replies

• kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Super interesting! Thanks everyone 😁
  • asadali317
    asadali317 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    kiela64 wrote: »
    This is just out of pure curiosity.

I've lost about 25lbs, and I'm still the same clothing size (18 women's/XL tops), and I'd bet it would be another 10-20 before I could comfortably fit into my old size 16 clothes & L shirts. (I have a little hamper in my closet of them because I was determined to get back there - but that was in 2015 lol :# ) Everyone's body is different, but it definitely seems like a massively wide range for a single clothing size on one person!

I'd be interested to hear about what that was like for you, if you've dropped a size (or more).

I'm guessing it has to do with body shape and where you carry weight - I have wide hips and so even though my pants are looser on the waist and thighs, I've definitely not sized down out of them yet.

I have lost 8 pounds but my jeans are still tight. i used to drop a jeans size after losing every 5 pounds but this time its something else lol maybe i'll have to lose about 15 pounds
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    asadali317 wrote: »
    kiela64 wrote: »
    This is just out of pure curiosity.

I've lost about 25lbs, and I'm still the same clothing size (18 women's/XL tops), and I'd bet it would be another 10-20 before I could comfortably fit into my old size 16 clothes & L shirts. (I have a little hamper in my closet of them because I was determined to get back there - but that was in 2015 lol :# ) Everyone's body is different, but it definitely seems like a massively wide range for a single clothing size on one person!

I'd be interested to hear about what that was like for you, if you've dropped a size (or more).

I'm guessing it has to do with body shape and where you carry weight - I have wide hips and so even though my pants are looser on the waist and thighs, I've definitely not sized down out of them yet.

I have lost 8 pounds but my jeans are still tight. i used to drop a jeans size after losing every 5 pounds but this time its something else lol maybe i'll have to lose about 15 pounds

I’m getting the sense from reading all the posts that for a lot of people it can change like that because of body composition & it super depends on where you keep fat - hips/stomach, etc.
  • cinnabondelights
    cinnabondelights Posts: 121 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I went from a jean size 12, shirt size M/L to jean size 2/0, shirt size S/XS- the difference for me when I went down a size was about 10 lbs.
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Cheap Asian sized clothing is ridiculously small.
    I go into better clothing manufacturers I can be a medium depending on cut.

Asian clothing fits better on me than Western clothing since most of the time they run big on me. :(

plus i find that japanese clothing is way cuter than western clothes lol