2.5 year transformation +33 lbs.

Options

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    99JT wrote: »
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    What's your work out routine and diet like? Good progress! I need to work on my back more so by my shoulder blades/scapular region?

here is a link to my current routine im on the 5 day split.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172565211

basically on a see food diet i aim for 4000 cals minimum and 250g protein its not all good quality food but its pretty hard for me to get over 4k.

I also do a rep/goal system for my lifts.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Lean59man wrote: »
    Congrats. Keep it up. You are building a fine physique.

You were seriously scrawny in your original pic.

>:)>:)>:)>:)
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    What's your work out routine and diet like? Good progress! I need to work on my back more so by my shoulder blades/scapular region?

basically on a see food diet i aim for 4000 cals minimum and 250g protein its not all good quality food but its pretty hard for me to get over 4k.

I can barely take in 3,400 so I can't imagine trying to do 4,000. Why so high for Protein?
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

I can barely take in 3,400 so I can't imagine trying to do 4,000. Why so high for Protein?

Barely take 3400? I only take in 2500 and I still gain, a slow 1 lb per month but still a gain. I couldn't imagine 3400 every day!
  • se015
    Options

Barely take 3400? I only take in 2500 and I still gain, a slow 1 lb per month but still a gain. I couldn't imagine 3400 every day!

lol haha yea it's so much easier for me to lose weight than gain weight, I was always skinny although now that I'm 31 it's easier to put on the weight but still takes at least 3,000 a day but that's because I lift like 5 days a week, about 1-1.5 hr long work outs.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I wish I had problems gaining weight..lol
  • 99JT
    99JT Posts: 59 Member
    Options

I get roughly 1000 cals from shakes which helps a lot as for the protein I was aiming for 1.5g per lb which is weoverkill but I'd rather be higher and getting over 4000 calories it's not that hard to get the protein in.
  • se015
    Options
    true especially if it's in liquid form!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Pretty damned close to the same place where I started lifting (5’10”, 150), after spending some years cutting from my FFG level of 265. I’m a year and a half in, and up about 25 lbs. from my start. Our caloric stuff isn’t too different either.

Excellent work thus far. Keep at it, and know there’s at least one other person running the exact same tract.
  • ysache13
    ysache13 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Well I'm sure my words won't matter much, but when I was young I always liked (ok, still do really) real thin men - don't know why, I just do - so I also took those words (whimpy) not to be very kind and hopefully you ignore them because you look wonderful at all those sizes to be honest but all that matters is what YOU want and like, so bravo to you sweetheart :)
  • KevEverydayWit
    KevEverydayWit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! Keep grinding:)
  • 99JT
    Options
    currently sitting at 185 not sure if i should cut, maintain or bulk. i have been maintaining and plan to start bulking again in september, or october. not sure if i should cut a bit or just keep maintaing?a0fdzc3c9ebe.jpg
    bzqkf239qlqm.jpg
    dd0ydupkk1vg.jpg
  • 99JT
    edited July 2018
    Options
    your progress is awesome man, i'm at your starting point. well done!

Thanks it's taken me 3 years to come this far and I still feel small unless Iook back at my progress pictures. The toughest part is staying motivated which I had some really good friends to help me out.
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    currently sitting at 185 not sure if i should cut, maintain or bulk. i have been maintaining and plan to start bulking again in september, or october. not sure if i should cut a bit or just keep maintaing?a0fdzc3c9ebe.jpg
    bzqkf239qlqm.jpg
    dd0ydupkk1vg.jpg

I'd just keep maintaining before your bulk, unless you're cool with less food. I like to eat as much as possible. You look good as is.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Great Work Dude! That's awesome. You did a great job bulking up with out gaining too much fat, and honestly your bf% at the start wasn't optimal for bulking, You did a great job. I'm curious about your diet and how you did it.
  • ricka1962
    ricka1962 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Really nice job!!! Great dedication!
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Kst76 wrote: »

Yeah I'm always amazed at these guys who can eat well over 3000 cal, I look at food and gain weight! I start gaining at around 2500 to 2600 and I'm in the 185 to 190 range. I could easily get to 215 within 6 months eating just under 3000 cals. The good news for me is that even at 44 I can still build muscle mass pretty easy. On the other hand, I'm trying to get to the healthy BMI range which for me would be 175. As I get I older I don't necessarily want to have all of this body weight. Its a serious struggle for me to get lower than 185, I'm around 14% bf right now. We all have our challenges!

Congrats to the OP for meeting your challenge by being able to eat 4000 cals, that's a lot of cooking and eating. A lot of work. Amazing.
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    Kst76 wrote: »

Yeah I'm always amazed at these guys who can eat well over 3000 cal, I look at food and gain weight! I start gaining at around 2500 to 2600 and I'm in the 185 to 190 range. I could easily get to 215 within 6 months eating just under 3000 cals. The good news for me is that even at 44 I can still build muscle mass pretty easy. On the other hand, I'm trying to get to the healthy BMI range which for me would be 175. As I get I older I don't necessarily want to have all of this body weight. Its a serious struggle for me to get lower than 185, I'm around 14% bf right now. We all have our challenges!

Congrats to the OP for meeting your challenge by being able to eat 4000 cals, that's a lot of cooking and eating. A lot of work. Amazing.

That's crazy to me as a woman who maintains on around 2600 cals!