Fitness tracker?

Options
I need a new one, which do you recommend and why?

Replies

• LIBOR_cat
    LIBOR_cat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Your phone should track your steps, no?
  • sexymom04
    sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Your phone should track your steps, no?

But I want something for heart rate, sleep, steps, the whole thing and a phone can’t do that.

• LIBOR_cat
    LIBOR_cat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch if you have the $

Great accessory. Has a lot of other uses too.
  • sexymom04
    Options
    Apple Watch if you have the $

Great accessory. Has a lot of other uses too.

yeah out of my price range
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I bought a used charge HR on eBay for $30 nearly two years. It has worked well for me. They should be cheaper now that several newer models have been introduced.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I had the Fitbit Charge HR for a long time and liked it a lot because of the heart rate feature.
  • sexymom04
    Options
    U2R2 wrote: »
    I bought a used charge HR on eBay for $30 nearly two years. It has worked well for me. They should be cheaper now that several newer models have been introduced.

Can you swim with it?
  • sexymom04
    Options
    divcara wrote: »
    I had the Fitbit Charge HR for a long time and liked it a lot because of the heart rate feature.

Can you swim with it?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    sexymom04 wrote: »
    I need a new one, which do you recommend and why?

It would be helpful to be clear what you want from it, as without more information you're going to get a set of random suggestions that could range from £50 to £1000.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I had the Fitbit Charge HR previously, switched to Alta HR at the start of this year. I was happy with both, switched because I wanted a slimmer model with changeable wristbands. My bf has had Charge 2 for about a month now and he's been happy with that one as well. I don't think you can swim with these, tho.
  • 9DLSpades
    9DLSpades Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    apple watch! Never going back to fitbit again.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    For swimming check out www.dcrainmaker.com He has lots of reviews and also touches on swimming. Generally though, hr measurement doesn't work in water.
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If you want to track steps then Apple Watch is overkill and IMO overrated as a fitness accessory primarily due to the woeful battery life making it next to useless for any sustained activity. Not to mention the waterproofing.

Do your research and get the one you want, if you like it then you’ll wear it.

Personally I’d suggest looking at the Garmin’s - the vivo range is good, I had a basic one and loved it (upgraded to a better model now).
  • sexymom04
    Options
    _mr_b wrote: »
    If you want to track steps then Apple Watch is overkill and IMO overrated as a fitness accessory primarily due to the woeful battery life making it next to useless for any sustained activity. Not to mention the waterproofing.

Do your research and get the one you want, if you like it then you’ll wear it.

Personally I’d suggest looking at the Garmin’s - the vivo range is good, I had a basic one and loved it (upgraded to a better model now).

I have the vivofit 2 right now which I love cause it's a watch battery but hate the heart rate band you have to put on. I did 2 miles yesterday, put it on but forgot to turn it on, argh!!! I'm looking at the Vivo Smart 3, which is waterproof but needs to be charged every few days. I find the Apple watch overrated as well and I'm not keen on the Fitbits, they don't seem to have what an athlete needs are are more for show. My opinion.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Vivoactive3 --- hit the sweet spot....tracks swimming, steps, looks like a nice watch, several day battery life, wrist-based HR monitor, etc....mid-priced $200+ USD
  • sexymom04
    Options
    Vivoactive3 --- hit the sweet spot....tracks swimming, steps, looks like a nice watch, several day battery life, wrist-based HR monitor, etc....mid-priced $200+ USD

Out of my price range

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    sexymom04 wrote: »

Out of my price range

Try a refurb or NOS(New old stock) Vivoactive 1 with a Wahoo or Schosche HRM.
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin vivofit HR. Tracks steps, calories, heartrate, workouts, sleep, and stairs climbed. Only needs to charge every 4-5 days. Love the app. Much better than FitBit.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have a garmin vivofit 3. Waterproof and watch battery with 1 year+ battery life. Love it!

Here is a refurbished one under $50, retail for $80. Good luck!

https://amazon.com/Garmin-vivofit-Activity-Tracker-Regular/dp/B01N35V38Z/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1530804783&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=vivofit+3&psc=1&smid=A2XENS8LQP1A6D
  • sexymom04
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I have a garmin vivofit 3. Waterproof and watch battery with 1 year+ battery life. Love it!

Here is a refurbished one under $50, retail for $80. Good luck!

https://amazon.com/Garmin-vivofit-Activity-Tracker-Regular/dp/B01N35V38Z/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1530804783&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=vivofit+3&psc=1&smid=A2XENS8LQP1A6D

Does it measure heart rate?