What's your Resting Heart Rate

Options
I've recently got a heart rate watch and was kinda shocked at my numbers...seems kinda low. Curious what the norm is. What your RHR?

Replies

• jaymeventers
    jaymeventers Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My average for last week is 55
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    44, occasionally lower but usually 44. I’ve gotten incredulous looks from nurses when I set off the monitor alarm and they see it’s so low and I tell them no, I’m not feeling faint or dizzy :D
  • dp82686
    dp82686 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel mine is low too, it's around 55.
  • Ashley010113
    Ashley010113 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mine changes.. some weeks its low 60s and some is mid 70s... its interesting
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    56, which puts me in the "athlete" category as a 46-year-old woman.

https://www.topendsports.com/testing/heart-rate-resting-chart.htm

ETA @monkeefan1974 I hear that. I had surgery recently and the monitor went off when my heartrate dropped below 40. The nurse got on the phone for a cardiologist and then turned to me and said, "He's asking if you're a runner." I'm not, but I walk around 2 hours every day. Once that information was relayed, he said that it was probably nothing.

(It should be noted that I was asymptomatic. Nobody panicked; there was no voice over the intercom announcing a "Code [Color]")

And that was when I found out my RHR was 56.
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Between 70-75.It came down a lot since i have started cycling.Then it was between 90-100.I do have a very high heart rate.
  • Justn83
    Justn83 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Options
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    43-45 when im not smoking, 50-55 when i am. Stupid me.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,140 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Around 65 when exercising regularly, when I am lazy or ill tends to rise up to about 70.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    78-90. Mine is always a bit high
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    60-65 normally, 65-70 when stressed, sick or hungover.
  • jaymeventers
    Options
    44, occasionally lower but usually 44. I’ve gotten incredulous looks from nurses when I set off the monitor alarm and they see it’s so low and I tell them no, I’m not feeling faint or dizzy :D

Thanks for sharing. I've had some super low rates too. Over the last two weeks one RHR was 42 and another 35. Was like WTH! How? I think it has a lot to do with genetics. I also cycle.

I have been dizzy everyday for the last month which is why I got the watch. I'm never dizzy when I'm resting though...happens every time I stand or sit up when I'm moderately active with a higher pulse (90-120). Does that happen to you?
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Low 60's
  • jaymeventers
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    High 40's - low 50's.

My resting heart rate used to be in the mid 90's when I first started losing weight 6 and a half years ago.

Wow! Huge drop! That's amazing
  • jaymeventers
    Options
    nelja wrote: »
    Between 70-75.It came down a lot since i have started cycling.Then it was between 90-100.I do have a very high heart rate.

That's a huge drop! You're killing it. It's great to see someone else who cycles :smile:
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Before January of 2018 (which is when I started making a change) my RHR was 65-69

Now it is 48-49
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    50-51. I have a pretty low resting heart rate now. My resting heart rate was around 72 a few years before I started making changes and would get up to 172 in the first 3 minutes of exercise! Now it's a struggle to hit those zones.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    High 40's to low 50's most of the time. In the winter probably mid-40's since I do a lot of HIIT on machines indoors. Goes up slightly in the Summer since I run outside more and do weight training inside and less HIIT.