Eating Diet

Options
I am eating same thing everyday - breakfast in morning; corn flakes or cheerios (9 a.m.), lunch in afternoon; 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on 100% whole wheat bread (around 2 p.m.) and dinner at night; 4 cheddar and cheese pierogies or 6 oz. filet mignon (around 7 p.m.) - while drinking tons of water and working out once in morning (80 minutes of cardio) & once at night (45 minutes of spinning) - can anyone tell me why I am stagnant in my weight loss? I am not hungry throughout the day, so I try not to consume calories just to consume calories!

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I am eating same thing everyday - breakfast in morning; corn flakes or cheerios (9 a.m.), lunch in afternoon; 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on 100% whole wheat bread (around 2 p.m.) and dinner at night; 4 cheddar and cheese pierogies or 6 oz. filet mignon (around 7 p.m.) - while drinking tons of water and working out once in morning (80 minutes of cardio) & once at night (45 minutes of spinning) - can anyone tell me why I am stagnant in my weight loss? I am not hungry throughout the day, so I try not to consume calories just to consume calories!

Sounds like your body has gotten used to your routine, change up what you are eating and when you eat it, have more calories one day than another, and change up your workout to include other things. This is what I did to bust through a wall I hit a couple months ago. Try to add in some strength training to build lean muscle this will also help you burn more calories through out the day.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating NEARLY enough.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    OP,

Do you know how many calories you are burning in a 24 hour period?

Are you tracking everything you consume from when you rise to when you sleep?

Are you getting atleast 6 hours of sleep?

How much water are you drinking per day?

Questions that need answered.
  • ldavisdc
    ldavisdc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You need to jump start your metabolism by eating more frequently, less calories per meal but more meals. I didn't believe it until I actually did it. Also you probably need to make your dinner a lower fat content than it is. Foods higher in fat make us feel more full but also slug up our metabolism.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary. You need to eat more. Try eating some walnuts or almonds to increase your calories.
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    you are 5' 11" and 225 pounds....you definitely need to eat more.
    Forget the refined boxed stuff....eat more often and add lots of fresh fruit and veggies and low fat protein....
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I have heard that you just can't eat the same things every day and lose weight. The body is very good at adapting. Try changing up your meals.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary. You need to eat more. Try eating some walnuts or almonds to increase your calories.

Agreed. Your net calories are super low. You want to keep those above 1500 per day. If it's hard to eat that much, then protein shakes are good. Then it's like drinking and you get calories and protein.