Diets don’t work! Lifestyle changes do!

Options
2»

Replies

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I agree that 'diets' don't work but lifestyle change does. Routinely eating appropriate portion sizes of balanced foods and moving a bit more for the rest of your days will lead to better health. No gimmicks or fancy names needed. Also an acceptance that life happens and cake needs to be eaten (or whatever); it is important to learn when to stop. It will not result in any toxic effects in your body that your organs cannot cope with (provided you are not allergic or ill).

Nice to read so many of you are maintaining well - inspiring for me as I move gently towards maintenance in anothe 10lbs or so.
  • tasleem6
    tasleem6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think the key to losing weight is to eat moderate amount you can still eat amd enjoy what you like as long as you balamce it out
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    OP.. you look great..and happy you found what works for you. Welcome to the attacking nature of MFP forums. :)

MFP has a low tolerance for woo. And although the message may sound rough, the intent is good.

Signed,
    someone who lost 50 pounds and has maintained that loss for close to 20 years, while still enjoying a life with sweets + salts
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Great you lost weight and changed your heating habits, but the cleansing thing is just non sense. So this post deserves a like and a woo at the same time.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Good for you finding what works for you.

Not everyone is the same tho. My diet worked very well for me! 55 pounds down since April 2017, pretty much maintaining since January.

And, I like my lifestyle just fine, so I made the appropriate changes to my eating habits and exercise to keep this lifestyle as long as possible.

( And no, my diet was not sustainable, lol, that is why it was called a diet :). Nothing wrong with a good diet as long as you pay attention to good nutrition and preserving muscle while in the diet AND keeping the lower weight maintained afterwards, imo! )

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    fb47 wrote: »
    Great you lost weight and changed your heating habits, but the cleansing thing is just non sense. So this post deserves a like and a woo at the same time.

I go back and forth on whether to cal out woo when someone is being successful. It can be like the magic feather in Dumbo and help them lose the weight because they stick to the rest of it. OTOH, in a public forum the woo is being legitimized as part of the reason for success if no one points it out.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    swtnss_16 wrote: »
    It is designed to help remove potentially harmful toxins and impurities from the body. At the same time it is also feeding your body with the right balance of quality nutrients, herbs and botanicals to help it return to its natural balance. Targets visceral fat.

So, just like my liver & kidneys do.

Your liver and kidneys target visceral fat? Dang, I gotta train mine better... ;)

The "detox" thing. Losing weight targets visceral fat. There are no magic foods, the only thing "detox" products make lighter is your wallet.

The winking emoji is because I was also being sarcastic. I don't believe in detox woo or spot reducing.

Oh, I see. Sorry about that. I wish sarcasm had it's own font.

Although for anyone interested, I have this amazingly detox product I'm willing to sell for $49.99 a liter, it comes from my kitchen faucet. Works great!

Hahaha :D
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    swtnss_16 wrote: »
    It is designed to help remove potentially harmful toxins and impurities from the body. At the same time it is also feeding your body with the right balance of quality nutrients, herbs and botanicals to help it return to its natural balance. Targets visceral fat.

So, just like my liver & kidneys do.

Your liver and kidneys target visceral fat? Dang, I gotta train mine better... ;)

The "detox" thing. Losing weight targets visceral fat. There are no magic foods, the only thing "detox" products make lighter is your wallet.

The winking emoji is because I was also being sarcastic. I don't believe in detox woo or spot reducing.

Oh, I see. Sorry about that. I wish sarcasm had it's own font.

Although for anyone interested, I have this amazingly detox product I'm willing to sell for $49.99 a liter, it comes from my kitchen faucet. Works great!

Does it contain hot dogs?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!