I need a good enchilada recipie..

Options
_Jessica_
_Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
Anyone have one that my other half will like. He is requesting beef enchiladas, and I didnt care for the last ones I made....

Replies

• elsa11170
    elsa11170 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I hate cooking so here is my super easy recipe for Chicken Enchiladas that comes out pretty good. I usually use the Chicken that is already cooked in the grocery store. But you could substitute with ground meat or steak..

Sauce
    Mix 2 cans Goya Mexican Red Salsa, 1 can Hunts sauce, I can Hunts paste w/basil, garlic and oregano. set aside

Filling
    Fry up some potatoes (i cut them up in small cubes) and onions and mix in the shredded chicken

Dip corn tortillas in warm oil and then in the Sauce. Fill with the filling and add cheese. Roll them up and put remaining sauce and cheese over enchiladas. cook them at 400 for 20 min.

Serve with lettuce, sour cream and beans.

easy way to make refried beans. Just get a can of pinto beans and fry them up in oil and mash them up. Really good!
    I also like to serve this with red onions in vinegar that I usually have a jar in my fridge at all times. :)
  • lindseym1983
    Options
    I have a low fat enchilada casserole...not sure if your interested but here it is.

1 lb of ground turkey or beef
    1 can of fat free refried beans
    1 can of stewed tomatoes or 1 cup of salsa
    1 can of chiles
    1 cup of shredded reduced fat cheese

Brown the meat. Drain then mix in the rest of the ingredients. Put into a 9x13 baking dish. Preheat oven to 350'.

Then the topping is a cornbread mix. You can use a box corn bread mix and put on top or I will give you my cornbread recipe.

1 1/2 cups of self rising white corn meal
    1 cup of milk
    1 egg
    little sugar is wanted

Beat all together, pour on top. Bake until cornbread is browning around the edges and toothpick comes out clean.

Just thought this might be a comprimise since I am sure your watching what your eating.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    sometimes I just tear up tortilla pieces, a can of enchilada sauce & cooked chicken then sprinkle with cheese! It's just missing the oil & cheese in between layers!
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I use fat free refried beans, ground beef or turkey, mix in some enchilada sauce, then add onion, black beans, canned corn, green pepper. Then put in wheat shells with a little cheese, chopped black and green olives. Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas with some cheese. YUMMY!! :) You can mash avacado for the top too!!
  • nkrueger1
    nkrueger1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Beef Enchiladas

1 lb lean ground beef
    1 package taco seasoning

Brown meat and drain add taco seasoning pack and 1 pack of water and let simmer for a few minutes.

Sauce:

1 Tbls Vegetable Oil
    1 Tbls Flour
    2 tsp. Chili Powder
    1/2 can Tomato Sauce- small can
    Hot Water- add enough to thicken the sauce- like a gravey
    Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste
    Shredded Cheese-your choice I use a Mexican Blend

Heat the oil and add flour and cook till light brown add chili powder and blend. Add the Tomato sauce and water to gravey consistency. Add you spices. If sauce continues to thicken continue to add water slowly to desired consistency. Simmer slowly.

Dredge your corn tortillas in the sauce till softened. Put on plate and fill with shredded cheese and taco meat and roll into a tube place in a casserole dish. Make as many as you need. Use left over sauce to pour over rolled enchiladas and top with cheese and bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes to melt cheese and serve...

You can always double and triple you gravey recipe when cooking for people.
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    I've never tried this recipe with beef, we always use chicken.

4 cooked and shredded chicken breast
    1 container Santa Fe blend Philedelphia Cooking Creme
    1 can rotel
    1/2 cup shredded cheese
    8 tortillas (or use less by making it into a casserole)

Mix together shredded chicken (or ground beef), 3/4 container of cooking creme, can of rotel and 1/2 cup shredded cheese
    Put mix in tortillas and place in a 9X13 or rip up tortillas and layer tortillas and mixture
    after casserole or enchiladas are made top with the remaining cooking creme
    Bake at 350 for 20-25 min

Makes about 6 servings and only 225 calories per serving without the tortillas the rest depends on how many and what kind of tortillas you use :)

This is super yummy!!! I may just make it tonight :)
  • Autumn_P
    Autumn_P Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Try skinnytastse.com there's a good recipe on there. :smile:
  • letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Skinny Chicken Enchilada's (Gina's Skinny Taste)

Low-fat Chicken Enchiladas
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 enchilada • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 159.5 • Fat: 5.9 g • Protein: 16.2 g • Carb: 17.8 g • Fiber: 8.3 g

Ingredients:

For the sauce:
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1-2 tbsp chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
    1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
    1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    3/4 cup fat free chicken broth
    kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste

For the chicken:
    1 tsp vegetable oil
    8.5 oz (2 breast halves) cooked shredded chicken breast
    1 cup diced onion
    2 large clove garlic, minced
    1/4 cup cilantro
    kosher salt
    1 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp chipotle chili powder
    1/3 cup chicken broth
    1/2 cup tomato sauce
    8 (7-inch) reduced carb whole wheat flour tortillas (la tortilla factory)
    1 cup shredded low fat Mexican cheese
    non-stick cooking spray
    1/2 cup chopped scallions or cilantro for topping

Directions:

In a medium saucepan, spray oil and sauté garlic. Add chipotle chiles, chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic on low until soft, about 2 minutes. Add chicken, salt, cilantro, cumin, oregano, chili powder, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

Spray a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Put 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll it.

Place on baking dish seam side down, top with sauce...

Then top with cheese.

Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes. Top with low fat sour cream or scallions if you wish. (Extra points) Makes 8 enchiladas

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/chicken-enchiladas.html#more
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • misslyssx
    Options
    I recommend the skinnytaste.com recipes as well. Made the chicken ones last week and they were good.