What's your Resting Heart Rate

Options
2»

Replies

• teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Mid 50s usually, into the mid 60s in the few days before totm.
  • vegaspack
    vegaspack Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mine is 77 to 83 bpm. Trying to bring it down a bit but stress is high
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    About 48 since I started running. It was sometimes up in the 90s when I was obese, dropped to about 60 when I lost weight, then dropped again when I started running.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    44, occasionally lower but usually 44. I’ve gotten incredulous looks from nurses when I set off the monitor alarm and they see it’s so low and I tell them no, I’m not feeling faint or dizzy :D

Thanks for sharing. I've had some super low rates too. Over the last two weeks one RHR was 42 and another 35. Was like WTH! How? I think it has a lot to do with genetics. I also cycle.

I have been dizzy everyday for the last month which is why I got the watch. I'm never dizzy when I'm resting though...happens every time I stand or sit up when I'm moderately active with a higher pulse (90-120). Does that happen to you?

I agree that it probably has a lot to do with genetics as much as with fitness. My RHR was 44 when I was unfit and it’s still 44 now that I’m a runner. The difference for me is when I was unfit it took me 5 minutes or more to recover from any exertion (even a couple of flights of stairs had me gasping for breath) and now I can run miles and miles and my heart rate can go from the 170’s back down to the 60’s in about 30 seconds. I sometimes get the brief lightheadedness that happens if I’m resting and I get up too fast but it’s very, very mild.

I’ll tell you what my doctor told me... he said in this case numbers alone don’t mean much, especially isolated numbers. It’s the general trend and numbers ACCOMPANIED BY SYMPTOMS that requires further investigation. Definitely mention it to your doctor and find out if there is any reason to be concerned, especially if the symptoms are affecting your quality of life.
  • vinram26
    vinram26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually around 55.
  • rodmelching
    rodmelching Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    46 according to apple watch . . probably not the most accurate RHR reading. Been running consistently for a few years now. Recently set off the low heart rate alarm on a ER visit . . which was a cool feeling . . not recommending trips to the ER to check your heart rate. LOL
  • marcee1989
    marcee1989 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Between 44-50 resting - Should I be worried ?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    marcee1989 wrote: »
    Between 44-50 resting - Should I be worried ?

Only if it stays low and you have other symptoms such as dizziness, feeling faint, etc.

When the doctor saw how low mine was, that was what they asked me... if I felt those things. Since I don't, they weren't worried.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Fitbit average is 42, my heart rate will go into the 30's occasionally. Is your BP low? Im usually hypotensive
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
  • CostaPe851
    CostaPe851 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    48 bpm