Where are my drinkers at?!

Options
Okay so I know this a bit of a Controversial subject BUT this post is for people who have a couple drinks on the weekend! I know many people feel alcohol sabotages weight loss but this is a lifestyle for me & in the summer having some drinks is part of life!

So I’m tired of vodka soda with lime any other suggestions?!

Replies

• Beaster_Bunny
    Beaster_Bunny Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Whiskey with a splash of water and a couple ice cubes.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    White trash wine coolers - rose w/ flavored (zero-cal) sparkling water on ice. Pretty low-cal and very refreshing!
  • justinewillcutyou
    justinewillcutyou Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I like tequila and tonic with lime occasionally (usually tequila and soda). White tequila only though. Paloma’s are really amazing too! Vodka soda with a splash of cranberry and lime.
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I like gin. Gin soda lime can mix it up. You can mix up your vodka/gin/tequila and soda with a splash of cranberry, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice, any of those. Just make sure it's a splash, not the main mixer. Any flavoured vodkas with soda work pretty good and give a different flavour too. I've always liked rye and lemonade and can manage to drink Jack Daniels or Jim Beam with lemon juice and soda or water. Those brands have enough sweetness to them it works for me. There's a number of low-cal coolers and beers out there as well.

I generally try to stay away from wine because it goes down too easy for the calories. I'll get single drinks tall so it's a longer time between them and I drink fewer. And if I've hit my calorie limit for the day but still want to feel like I am drinking, I like the different flavoured soda waters in a nice glass with ice, mint, and limes/lemons. It feels enough like a real drink that I don't feel left out.
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Whiskey sours made with no-cal or lo-cal sweetener. Over ice, nice end of the day sipper.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Gin & tonic water (the real stuff-not that nasty diet tonic water crap) with a splash of lime juice!! It’s my jam now on my long run days when I have the extra calories.

I used to be a wine and beer drinker. I can’t afford the calories but I miss a good heavy stout porter or quality dry red wine. :/
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I have wine with dinner most nights. I tend to stick to wine or just plain alcohol without a mixer
  • CiciLaverne
    CiciLaverne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have found if I drink anything it is just straight. My go to is tequila and salt/lime. Straight to the point and if I want a little flavored chaser I use lime/lemon or grapefruit sparkling waters.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have moved over to wine particularly dry red, but I used to make champagne margaritas on weekends
    2 oz, White Tequila
    2 oz., Triple-Sec
    1 tbsp(s), Lime juice - Raw
    1 tbsp(s), Lemon juice, raw
    6 oz, Brut Sparkling Wine

which depending on how you are feeling came be made for 1-3 people :)

(if made for 1 that is ~460 calories so definitely not low calorie)

Also a fan of elderflower liquer in a extra dry brut

or powell and mahoney bloody mary mix has a nice kick
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I set aside enough calories every week for a couple glasses of white wine. Usually Chardonnay or Riesling
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My go-to summer cocktail is Tito's vodka, 1/2 shot of Aperol and soda garnished with an orange and lime slice. Perfect by the pool!!!
    More on Aperol: https://vinepair.com/wine-blog/why-aperol-should-be-your-new-best-friend/
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I just go for red wine or a nice IPA (or 2). I pre-log them to make sure they fit my calorie budget. Bonus: now that I'm a lightweight, i get a tidy buzz on for fewer calories!
  • LadySpiderRider
    LadySpiderRider Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    KelseyRL wrote: »
    And if I've hit my calorie limit for the day but still want to feel like I am drinking, I like the different flavoured soda waters in a nice glass with ice, mint, and limes/lemons. It feels enough like a real drink that I don't feel left out.

I put my flavored soda water in a wine glass so I feel like a grownup and still be healthy.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Sangria!
  • LoPotion
    LoPotion Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love my vino - cabernet or merlot for red, chardonnay or pinot grigio for white. I'm also a fan of Manhattans. Since it's basically straight bourbon (with a bit of vermouth, I think), I'm forced to drink it more slowly. :smile:
  • Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My go to drink ever since I have discovered the bai antioxidant coco fusion drinks (10cal per bottle, 5 per serving) has been vodka, bai molokoi coconut, diet tonic water and a lime. I’ll also mix either vodka or tequila in a sparkling ice (SOOO many flavors but my favorites are ginger lime and grapefruit) or with water and a lime on ice. If I’m on the beach I’ve got some corona lights and I like to have a couple of glasses of wine at night.