LOOKING FOR WEIGHT LOSS BUDDIES

Options
Hi, my name is Jean and I don't know how many times I have tried to lose weight. I have over 50 pounds to use but right now I would like to just get below 200, I am at 225 right now. Anyway, I could use help and support. I may be too old, I am 64, but REALLY could use some help.

Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. Good luck on your journey.

Replies

• camel2403
    camel2403 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it if you want. I would like to lose about 50lb as well! Feel free to add me if you like and we can motivate each other and support each other daily. I'm going to attempt to give up all sugar to see if that can help me.
  • josephparsons92
    josephparsons92 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hi, you can also add me to your buddy list also. i'm 52 and trying to lose 25-30 lbs for health purposes. maybe more. lol. I just started last week on this program but I have previous experience from other sites. i'm down from 200 lbs to 194 so far. I would be more than happy to assist when and where I can. I too have just come off a major sugar binge of movie snacking and now have to do the work to take off the pounds. i'm not going sugar free just yes so I don't shock my system. lol. anyway, let me know how I can help.
  • lantana411
    lantana411 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yes please - I'm committed to eating a healthy diet every day and am frustrated that some of my MFP friends are eating cake - literally- and crediting themselves hundreds of exercise calories to cover it (one person credited herself with more than 1000 calories on 7/4 and ate high fat foods and desserts throughout the day). Everyone makes choices and I choose to not BS myself or others. I've lost about 70 pounds and want to lose another 20 pounds - (reallly I want to keep going as long as my body will give up the weight - I think I have it to give...). So please if you're of a similar mind, add me as your friend - everyone.
  • missymckibben
    missymckibben Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to be added. I am 44 and need to lose about 40 pounds.
  • amandafurniss23
    amandafurniss23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a goal of about 60 to lose, and also would like people to share accomplishments and also concerns and struggles with! Best of luck to you 😁
  • jillybeth85
    jillybeth85 Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I am 33 years old. I weigh more now than I did at 9mos preg with my son. Ideally would like to lose 50-60lbs. Im a mom of an almost 12 year old boy and 14 year old stepdaughter. I work full time and was diagnosed in september 2016 with type 2 diabetes. Doc says because I'm young if I could take the weight off and change my eating habits I could reverse the diabetes. Everyone else in the house is losing weight except me and it's frustrating. I eat better and work 40 hours a week and walk as much as I can and I lose nothing. Help! Please add me I could use the motivation!
  • jillybeth85
    jillybeth85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do I add friends?
  • mcbeth
    mcbeth Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. I'm Mary Beth. If you read Jean's post, I could have written that. I'm 64, need to lose 50 pounds (according to my doctor) have tried many, many times, many MANY different ways. In May I was diagnosed TWD2. I have been on Metformin for several years as I was pre-diabetic now I have been put on Jardiance, no insulin. I need a buddy, but sometimes I need someone that will kick my rear when I wander off and forget to come back. Add me to the list of poeple that need buddies, we can do this together.