Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How often do you weigh in?

I was just wondering how often everyone weighs in? Weekly? Daily? I've done it both ways...not sure which way I like better.

Part of me likes the weekly weigh in because I am so competitive that I challenge myself so much to make sure that weekly number is as high as possible.

The other part of me likes the daily weigh in because it keeps me focused. And studies have shown that people who weigh in everyday lose weight faster and have historically lower weights and BMIs.

What does everyone think?

Replies

• maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Everyday, a few times a day. I enjoy it and it seems to keep me on track.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    lol i weigh several times a day
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    I weigh in once a week..on Mondays. Have been doing this since January. I also do my measurements every few months. Those have been the real indicator of how much I have lost. Good luck!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Once or twice a week.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    I weigh in every single day, two times a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening. I am well aware of the fluctuations and I have no issues seeing the scale go up in the evenings. I am just curious to see these fluctuations.
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    I weigh in here on MFP once a week but I do check the scale at least every other day or I'd go crazy....lol.
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    I weigh in once a week..on Mondays. Have been doing this since January. I also do my measurements every few months. Those have been the real indicator of how much I have lost. Good luck!

I am exactly the same as you RNewton!!
  • Every single morning im obsessed
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Every day. But... I only "check in" my new lows and I graph my Monday weigh in's to track long term changes.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,710 Member
    I weigh myself every day when I wake up, but I'm trying to log my weight here every Friday morning. I do see fluctuations by a half pound every day. I hope that over the course of the week I'll meet my goal of 1 lb lost per week.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    I weigh in every Saturday, as soon as I wake up.

I record my weight once weekly, but weigh myself every day. It's a good way to stay on track, but I like having that weekly challenge to beat
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    I weigh-in twice a week. Usually on Sunday and Thursday.
    Sundays give me a great way to start off the week.
    Thursdays give me a great way to start off the weekend!
    If I don't have a great weigh-in, I'll know that I'll need to be more cautious that week or weekend.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    I weigh in about 4 times per week. My official weigh in day is Saturday but I like to check up on where I'm at throughout the week.

It's not a good idea to weigh in more often than once per week if you can't handle seeing the fluctuations.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Because of natural fluctuation I officially record my weight every friday... but I'll be honest.. I'm addicted to the scale every time I go to the gym (since I don't own one lol)
  • widmer3
    widmer3 Posts: 94 Member
    I only weight myself Saturday mornings. If I were to weigh myself everyday, I wouldn't be able to deal with the fluctuations, and I'd probably give up.
  • moonflower09
    moonflower09 Posts: 91 Member
    I get very addicted to the scale and the number on it. I have decided to weigh once a week. It has been a great relief not to weigh in the morning but I am going through weigh in withdrawals. Since I want this to be my last weight loss attempt I am more interested in modified behaviours than numbers on a scale. Good luck!
  • gsarro
    gsarro Posts: 25 Member
    I officially weigh in every Monday morning for tracking purposes, however I may step on the scale once or twice during the week even though it can get really depressing at times.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I officially weigh in once a week, but I am tempted often to step on the scale in between, so I generally will way three or four times a week (or more). I only count the Sunday morning weight, though.

If I'm down a pound on Tuesday, I don't assume I will still be down a pound (maybe more, maybe less) on Sunday.
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    I check my weight every morning but log every thursday, the checking the in the morning keeps me on track
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Nowadays i only get on the scale every Sunday morning at my girlfriend's house, we are both trying to lose weight and I was terrible for hopping on them after every bathroom visit etc so I took them round there and now we just do one weigh-in a week and it is enough for us.