How many people still use this app..

Options
mefink
mefink Posts: 2 Member
Just started.. 6 days in not a lb lost. Had been using a zero carb eating habit and lost 31lbs in 6 months very very slow. Added carbs and counting macros to help give energy for exercise.. bootcamp and 9Round boxing.. I'm just curious if it works and how long people stay on it and committed

Replies

• kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Yes it works, but it takes a little bit longer than 6 days

ETA: You don't need to try a zero carb approach again (sounds terrible to me, for a start); the only thing you need to do is eat fewer calories than you burn
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I've been here since early 2015.

Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. It took me ~2.5 years to lose ~145 pounds and I've kept tracking in order to maintain my weight.

6 days is the very beginning of a start. Eat at a deficit for ~6 weeks and then reevaluate if things aren't going as you expect.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    31 pounds in 6 months is around 5 pounds a month or better than a pound a week - doesn't sound slow at all.

And 6 days is way too early to tell if it's working. Give it a month to six weeks and see where you are.

And like any other tool, yes, MFP works if you use it correctly. I've been here for a while and lost, maintained and gained pretty much in line with what calories I logged in and out.