Where are my drinkers at?!

Options
2»

Replies

• melissajkxoxo
    melissajkxoxo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I’m down 55 lbs so far and drink a fair amount on the weekends. I understand that i could have weighed less by not doing so but at the same time I’ve stuck to it so far (440 days). I love my beer so have been sticking more to the 83-95cal per beer choices.
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I drank Bai cocktails yesterday!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Almost tried the Vodka Martini freeze popsicles @100 calories each. If any of you try it, let me know :+1: or :-1:
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Super simple whiskey and Diet Coke. About 90 calories depending on the brand.
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Almost tried the Vodka Martini freeze popsicles @100 calories each. If any of you try it, let me know :+1: or :-1:

I have some in my freezer now. Some of the flavors are good and some are kind of gross tasting. They don't completely freeze solid either they just get slushy. But they are pretty refreshing when its hot out.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Wine, gin&tonics and mojitos. I’ve found it helpful to always keep a glass of water in my other hand or, if sitting on a table, the water glass nearer to my dominant hand than the actual drink. The drink lasts longer, there’s less extra calories and since I drink slower I drink less, so less chance of a hangover.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I've been cutting down on the booze, but it is most certainly part of my life and isn't going to go away.

In summer I'm a big fan of a good G'n'T, Pims, Vodka and ginger beer (with a squeeze of lime).
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink pretty much any spirit (mostly Vodka/Gin/Rum/Whisky/Tequila) alone or with diet mixers - diet ginger beer/diet coke/soda water/slimline tonic.

Or I will have a couple of craft beers/light ciders and just save the calories for them.

I tend to avoid sugary cocktails or fruit juice mixers.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,414 Member
    Options
    I like caipirinhas, especially now in summer. I've not counted the calories of that, but I suppose it's quite a lot. The cachaca, lime, and especially sugar do add up.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love vodka mixed with different Mio flavors or crystal light. Also there is a drink called Truly, they have fun flavors alcohol and 100 calories per can.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

I have some in my freezer now. Some of the flavors are good and some are kind of gross tasting. They don't completely freeze solid either they just get slushy. But they are pretty refreshing when its hot out.

I'd wondered@freezing completely. Makes sense because of the vodka - incapable of freezing in normal at home freezers, especially the 80 proof. Good thing I'd chosen to not waste my calories on it then ... I might have selected one of the yucky tasting mixes. The green one was gross right?
  • Canadian_Expat
    Canadian_Expat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think Double IPAs are part of why my weight gain happened. So now they're just for special occasions and I stick to Coors Light or some Crown Royal on the rocks.
  • lhebert1969
    lhebert1969 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Southern Comfort & Diet Coke..my fave.. :smile:
  • delaclos99
    delaclos99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Aperol and soda is my go-to at the moment, lower calories than the full spritz with prosecco.
  • gutsnglory6
    gutsnglory6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I like craft beer, so I drink it. I just log it and drink less of it.

I find alternating drinks with water is super helpful, and also having a game plan when I go out (ie: I have x number of calories left today, so that means I can drink x number of beers). Or planning a healthy eating day if I know I want to go out. Or sometimes just knowing that I'm going over and it might slow my progress. Even clear liquors have a fair few calories, so I'd rather drink something I enjoy.

I've have been drinking less since I started making an effort to lose weight. And I have been drinking a lot more kombucha and soda water these days to fulfil some of the desire for a cold fizzy beverage.

I find moderating the booze isn't as much the issue as is my desire for greasy food when I've been drinking.