Vegan Ideas?

Options
helencarlos919
helencarlos919 Posts: 21 Member
Looking for delicious low calorie and low fat plant based recipes? I’m super bored with my same recipes all the time.

Replies

• helencarlos919
    helencarlos919 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awe thank you @dizzypuppy, I will definitely give that a try.
  • alyshawns
    alyshawns Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a nutria bullet and I make smoothies every morning (dairy free!). I put in 1/2 cups frozen blueberries, two cups of frozen broccoli, 1 cup frozen (fresh) spinach and half an apple or half a banana. Then I add one stevia packet (zero calories) and from the stevia plant and I add a shake of cinnamon. I fill the mixer only HALF way with water. Blend and that's it! Sometimes I need more calories so I add 1/2 cup of old fashioned rolled oats in it and add just a TAD bit more water if I do.
  • alyshawns
    alyshawns Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    For lunch, I have romaine lettuce, cucumbers and I ad 1/2 cup of fresh salsa and a whole ripened avocado. Now I mash it all up really good so the salsa and avocado becomes really creamy through the salad and then I eat it...it is SO good! Just be sure the avocado is very ripe. I use the Mexican avocados. They should be dark in color. and fairy easy to dent if you squeeze it.
  • Celestetheoriginalfrog
    Options
    A fav for me is a version of this https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/roasted-cauliflower-and-chickpea-tacos/ swapping out the taco shell for an iceberg lettuce leaf, and using a vegan yogurt.
  • ltomanek
    ltomanek Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you are low carb or not. I am not. Lol I'm HC WFPB. I seriously eat so many dishes with potatoes. Love them...sweet, purple, red, golden...baked, pan fried, mashed, shredded. You name it. Making something with potatoes is always a win for me, and it doesn't slow me down like rice or grains in general.

Try something like Tofu scramble with cubed oven baked red potatoes. Or chunks of sweet potatoes with onion, bell pepper, with a honey soy balsamic glaze baked in the oven. Or a garlic coconut milk mash with red and sweet potatoes (I usually end up eating 1-2 sweet potatoes and 3-5 red potatoes when I make this). Or baked potato fries (my ultimate go-to).

And the total win is that you can eat so many and also feel fully satisfied. Game changer for my health journey. All I'm saying is, give potatoes a shot! Lol Good luck on your journey!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I made this (with white potatoes and using the stove) and it was very easy to make.

https://projectmealplan.com/bbq-black-bean-slow-cooker-sweet-potatoes
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    spaghetti bolognese made with minced mushrooms or soy mince ... ol El Paso garlic and paprika taco seasoning on fried peppers, mushrooms, onion and courgette with wraps (high cal) / low calorie taco shells or lettuce wraps (low cal) ... salads with vegetable cakes ... jacket potato with pesto and salad / beans and salad ... roasted sweet potato fries with salad, hummus or guac ... Thai curries made with a green / red Thai paste, coconut milk ((healthy fats)) and courgettes / mushrooms ... stir fries with rice noodles or beansprouts with finely sliced veggies ... scrambled tofu in turmeric with cashews and spinach / rainbow chard ... green smoothies .. raw veggie wraps (wrapped in rice paper or nori) with a satay sauce made of peanut butter, soy sauce, water, raw garlic and raw ginger ... just a few of my favs. x
  • cwsweetpea28
    cwsweetpea28 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So aylshawns how many calories is your smoothie
  • khlokins
    khlokins Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ooo girrrrrll. Pinterest is amazing for some of this.

https://www.pinterest.com/PandaAhoy/recipes/

Here's mine (: I know there's probably healthier ones if you look around. But most of these I've tried and loved. :3